Anyone else having issues with DT-910 after update?

mdram

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 950 to the anniversary build (non-insider) and now gadgets doesn't work properly. If I tap my phone on the DT-910 it no longer opens the app I selected. Instead, it opens the gagdets app.

Timo47v

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I never use the NFC feature, but I have been having a lot of trouble charging my Lumia 950 with the DT-910. In the evening I would leave my phone on the charger, seemingly everything ok, only to find that in morning the phone did not charge at all and was at 60% even though it was at 100% before I went to sleep.
So I've now bought the wireless charging stand from CoJoie. It's advertised to only work with certain Samsung phones, but it works perfectly with my Lumia 950.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have found that the position of the phone (L950 in my case) on the plate is critical. If I have the bottom of the phone overhanging the charging plate by about 5mm, it charges fine. Much more than this, and it doesn't charge properly. So basically there is very much more hanging out from the top end, than there is at the bottom. I would take a picture t show you but obviously I'd have to take the phone off the charger :eek:rly:

I've never used the NFC feature, what's it useful for in the context of charging?

mdram

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have found that the position of the phone (L950 in my case) on the plate is critical. If I have the bottom of the phone overhanging the charging plate by about 5mm, it charges fine. Much more than this, and it doesn't charge properly. So basically there is very much more hanging out from the top end, than there is at the bottom.

The DT-910 is the charging stand not the plate. The plates work fine for me if I use a case but the 910 doesn't for some reason so I have to remove the case if I use the 910.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
With the NFC tap, I had gadgets open the Night Stand Clock app to display the time, date and weather while charging.

My plate is the DT-900, I did have a DT-910 but it wouldn't work properly with my L950, the plate wasn't any better until I worked out that the phone has to sit in a certain position for it work. It's not so easy to do anything about it when using the DT-910 unfortunately.

With regard to the NFC app you mentioned, is this much different from Glance? I have Glance enabled, it changes the text color to red at night and displays the date and time.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I never use the NFC feature, but I have been having a lot of trouble charging my Lumia 950 with the DT-910. In the evening I would leave my phone on the charger, seemingly everything ok, only to find that in morning the phone did not charge at all and was at 60% even though it was at 100% before I went to sleep.
So I've now bought the wireless charging stand from CoJoie. It's advertised to only work with certain Samsung phones, but it works perfectly with my Lumia 950.

You gotta charge the phone without a case. I have a dt-900, dt-910, dt-903, and a dc-50 and the dt-910 is the only one that doesn't charge properly. All the other chargers work. Maybe they used a weaker coils on the back cover on the Lumia 950/950xl. I never had this problem on my previous lumias (L920 and L830)

mdram

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
With regard to the NFC app you mentioned, is this much different from Glance? I have Glance enabled, it changes the text color to red at night and displays the date and time.

Here's the Night Stand app I mentioned.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ght-stand-clock%2F9wzdncrfj4f6&token=H57-PyEy

I prefer it to glance when the phone is on my 910 dock. My 910 is on my desk at work. It shows the time, date, weather etc and keeps my phone unlocked so I can grab and use quickly if needed.

Weird thing is, when I first got the 950, it worked fine but after a couple of OS updates, it stopped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers