Any ways to get Win 10 Start Up Faster?

webosdropout

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a Surface 3 which claims to be a tablet. However, I find the wake up & start up time to be horrendous compared to any cheap tablet in the market. I've tried combination of sleep time & power setting but short of leaving the Surface on all the time is there any other tricks to have a faster boot up and wake up cycle?

I dont know why with a tablet you just hit the button and it immediately wakes up and Win 10 seem to take forever. No doubt there is a good reason but I sure wish they would make this a priority.

BTW I have fast start-up enabled

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Well I would look at the startup tab in task manager. Some app when you install them automatically are set to start uop when Windows started you can stop this by disabling them at startup.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
How much time are we talking? Did you or can you actually measure the time? Maybe someone with a similar device can do the same and you can compare.

I had a Surface 3 for awhile. It seemed to start up a little slower than I thought it should, but it was workable. Every PC I use regularly has an SSD, so I believe I'm spoiled! :smile: I also work in IT. Although I mostly work with a specific enterprise software (Microsoft Dynamics) and do not work directly in PC repair very much, I do enough to be familiar with keeping things running smoothly and cleanly.

Well I would look at the startup tab in task manager. Some app when you install them automatically are set to start uop when Windows started you can stop this by disabling them at startup.

This is a good thought. Windows 10's notification area will often point this out to you.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a Surface 3 which claims to be a tablet. However, I find the wake up & start up time to be horrendous compared to any cheap tablet in the market. I've tried combination of sleep time & power setting but short of leaving the Surface on all the time is there any other tricks to have a faster boot up and wake up cycle?

I dont know why with a tablet you just hit the button and it immediately wakes up and Win 10 seem to take forever. No doubt there is a good reason but I sure wish they would make this a priority.

BTW I have fast start-up enabled
See if these tips help: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/dissappointing-general-performance-tips-tricks/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital