both maps and uber apps crash almost instantly, which means its the cached mapping data that could be corrupted, deleting downloaded maps doesnt fix it, nor does reinstalling maps(yes I did that)

anyone knows where to find the cached mapping data? I guess simply deleting it will let the apps launch again and start from scratch
    09-01-2016 12:58 AM
    both maps and uber apps crash almost instantly, which means its the cached mapping data that could be corrupted, deleting downloaded maps doesnt fix it, nor does reinstalling maps(yes I did that)

anyone knows where to find the cached mapping data? I guess simply deleting it will let the apps launch again and start from scratch
    any chance you can bring them to internal storage?
    Does it crash when gps is off or when data is off?
    09-01-2016 07:09 AM
    its on pc, all on C drive, turning location off doesnt fix it though
    09-01-2016 12:30 PM
    its on pc, all on C drive, turning location off doesnt fix it though
    since it's on pc: have you tried resetting them? settings > system > apps > select the app > advanced options > reset
    09-03-2016 05:00 AM
    since it's on pc: have you tried resetting them? settings > system > apps > select the app > advanced options > reset
    same as reinstall, as soon as I press "lets go" from the welcome screen it crashes, as if loading the satellite/mapping imagery crashes it because of some corruption, thats my theory though, because uber apps does exactly the same, all fine until its time to show the actual map

even photos app crashes when I right click a photo and click show details, because it would have to show the taken place in a map since its gps tagged

I remember this exact same issue happening on my phone after first getting 10585 last year, it was a known issue for users coming all the way from w8.0 and was fixed in .36, my pc is on latest 14393 build though
    09-03-2016 11:51 AM
    same as reinstall, as soon as I press "lets go" from the welcome screen it crashes, as if loading the satellite/mapping imagery crashes it because of some corruption, thats my theory though, because uber apps does exactly the same, all fine until its time to show the actual map

even photos app crashes when I right click a photo and click show details, because it would have to show the taken place in a map since its gps tagged

I remember this exact same issue happening on my phone after first getting 10585 last year, it was a known issue for users coming all the way from w8.0 and was fixed in .36, my pc is on latest 14393 build though
    not sure what else to do - I just tried opening maps on my pc, it worked.
    09-04-2016 05:05 AM
    yea just have to wait for rs2 now
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-04-2016 09:39 PM