2 Step Authentication setup?

Nemesis-X

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I found a suggestion for Winauth, but the directions led me to a dead-end in regards to what the instructions showed and I what I was seeing in my Google Security settings.

I'm just looking for an easy way to get two step verification codes from my PC to use on other devices when needed.

posvic

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
I used the Authy app on android and switched to the chrome extension when I moved to W10M. Now I can get my 2 factor authentication codes on everything but my phone, which seems a bit backwards but works fine for me.

Nemesis-X

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
You guys are missing my intent. I'm not looking for a windows mobile authenticator, but a Windows 10 PC app that I can connect my Google account to.

Nemesis-X

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I did find the page no problem. The issue I was having with Winauth is that the instructions to get Google set up weren't aligning with what I was seeing in my Security settings on my Google account. So I was stuck.

You open Winauth and click the + button. Then it says enter the secret code for your authenticator. So I load up Google authenticator on my phone but nowhere can I find this Secret Code??

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Ah. Well, I know Google like to tweak their stuff regularly in a manner which tends to break third party apps (hence the reason folk have given up trying to make third party Google apps in general except Youtube and even then devs need to constantly work to re-fix things after Google break them again). Perhaps you've caught the Winauth people mid-tweak? Try sending them a quick email, you never know. I've often found such devs quite easy to discuss things like this with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos