Store Icon

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Is there any reason the Windows 10 Mobile store icon in the small setting doesnt show a count of available updates the way the Windows Phone 8 tile did? I dont get why they leave small stuff like this out, and store update after store update doesnt add this small and easy thing back in.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ummmm... NO, they aren't expected to. That's an option, just like in 8. If you turned it off, you got a count. There are times like the Netflix issue a while ago, that an update breaks the app for almost a month for many of us. We dont want it automatically updating in that scenario. So back to it, why remove the tile count???

Originally posted by EspHack
they are expected to be installed automatically without you ever noticing, and they show up on action center

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Ummmm... NO, they aren't expected to. That's an option, just like in 8. If you turned it off, you got a count. There are times like the Netflix issue a while ago, that an update breaks the app for almost a month for many of us. We dont want it automatically updating in that scenario. So back to it, why remove the tile count???
I agree with you, I actually kind of miss this.
Sometimes the store can be buggy in showing you all the updates you have.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I really do not understand why they did away with this feature. I prefer my apps to be updated manually rather than automatically, and it would have been nice to have a counter on the live tile with the number of updates available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon