Can I use the same external hard drive for regular backups as the one I used for Win10 image backup?

pgorch

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I purchased a 1 TB external hard drive for my backups. If I use it to make an full image backup, can I also use it for daily backups on Win10 computer?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Yes you can! I have a 1TB seagate that I use for my images. You can put any thing you want on it! What program are you using to create your back up images?

pgorch

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I plan to use Win10 image backup. For my daily backup I am undecided. My drive is a WD Passport and I have used its software before. I am reading up on what File History & One Drive can do for me. Any recommendations are appreciated.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @pgorch! The windows 10 image back up is OK. I prefer a 3rd party image program. One reason is that the windows image can get infected and it won't be any good. I use Macrium Reflect Free, but there are several free image programs ! Here's a good read from HTG about W10 and back ups! If you need any more help, I'm usually hanging around here!:wink: PS I'm not endorsing any programs in this link. It's just a good learning link with a lot of good information I think you will enjoy!
How to Use All of Windows 10?s Backup and Recovery Tools

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital