FM with loudspeaker

Abhijeet Tambare

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
After FM was removed I have been looking for an app to replace it. But most apps don't have the speaker functionality. Does anyone know any app that has this feature?

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I wish there were one. A few days ago I was looking for a decent replacement with RDS and option to use speaker as well. Couldn't find any FM Radio app with these features.

saras112

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I contacted one of FM radio developers, and he told me that Microsoft API's don't support Radio through loud speaker.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I contacted one of FM radio developers, and he told me that Microsoft API's don't support Radio through loud speaker.

Holy cow you are correct!
The app is misleading! When you go to the settings of the app it has a loudspeaker option, but when you click it, it takes you to a website saying it can't do it. WTF

I did some more searching around, I am a programmer too. It looks like there is an API for choosing where to output sound, but it only works with VOIP calls. However, it looks like you can tell the OS "Yeah this is a VOIP call trust me *wink* *wink*" and then it will work with generic audio.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ma...piece-from-a-windows-phone-8-1-universal-app/

I guess radio app developers haven't done this so far. I could try this when I have time in a few weeks.

Edit: The only problem till now, though, is that W10M UWP APIs still don't have access to the radio I think. Thus, you'd have to target WP8 or something like that to be able to make an app with radio access. Maybe (hopefully) voting on user feedback will help...

feedback-hub:?contextid=375&feedbackid=e1ffe602-8561-4625-bec5-50b1f6d6af84&form=1&src=2

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
This is more a quick and dirty fix, and not what you want but could get you through......

Go to Walmart and buy a cheap speaker that has a fairly long 3.5 mm patch cable ( as cable is antenna ). I use Radio FM + an under $10 speaker.

Not the fix you want but was the only fix I could find short of learning how to code :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon