"Speeding up" of videos in Movies & TV and Edge

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else been experiencing problems where sometimes, after a while videos start to speed up for themselves when you are trying to navigate.

It's very difficult to explain but I'll try.... Example if I hit the 30> or 10< back in Movies and TV, sometimes the video starts behaving sporadically. It's all over the place and just jumps to the end of the video but I can the audio still playing. I haven't noticed it in VLC.

Sometimes just pausing and resuming after a minute or two will cause this problem. It's so annoying as I have to close and restart the video..
I tried resetting movies and tv but then I noticed that the same thing happens when looking at youtube vidoes in Microsoft edge.

I'll try to get a recording of it but it happens when it wants so it will be a bit difficult unless I stare at my pc all day...

I'm on .351 and have been noticing it for the past couple builds.. I'm using a SP4 and I've already reinstalled video drivers on the surface...

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friend! It seems you aren't getting any replies. I'm not sure what your issue is; but I would help, if you tell me exactly what I need to do to see if I'm having this problem. I have the 351 build running on a old Toshiba laptop. I have Windows Media Player as default. You say it doesn't happen on VLC player? I think you are saying it happens with edge? How about Firefox? How can I help you friend!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Friend! It seems you aren't getting any replies. I'm not sure what your issue is; but I would help, if you tell me exactly what I need to do to see if I'm having this problem. I have the 351 build running on a old Toshiba laptop. I have Windows Media Player as default. You say it doesn't happen on VLC player? I think you are saying it happens with edge? How about Firefox? How can I help you friend!

It's very difficult to explain but I'll try.... Example if I hit the 30> or 10< back in Movies and TV, sometimes the video starts behaving sporadically. It's all over the place and just jumps to the end of the video but I can the audio still playing. I haven't noticed it in VLC.

Sometimes just pausing and resuming after a minute or two will cause this problem. It's so annoying as I have to close and restart the video..
I tried resetting movies and tv but then I noticed that the same thing happens when looking at youtube vidoes in edge.

It happens in Edge, and movies and tv. I don't use chrome or firefox.

I am now on 447 and it still happens.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Sorry I don't understand. I watched this you tube and experienced no problems using edge! I guess I'm no help! Sorry! I could speed it up or slow it down with setting. I could stop and start it back up. No problems. Good luck with your issue.:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99