Corner items activate on their own

gordol

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a new Dell Inspiron 13 2-in-1, I just got it from the Microsoft store kiosk at the local mall last Wednesday. Friday, after some updates were auto downloaded and installed, it will now spontaneously activate a corner item. Start Menu in the bottom left, Minimize in the bottom right, and now the application menu in the top left. Not yet the Close button in the top right, though.

It does not matter if the device is in Laptop or Tablet mode. I am not touching the screen when this happens, and while I may be touching the touchpad, the mouse is either not in one of the corners, or in motion no where near the corners.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Welcome to Windows Central. The only thing that comes to my mind the touch-pad sensitivity. You also might think about taking it back. It should be under warranty. Go into All Setting- Devices and see if you can change the touch-pad sensitivity. There also could be a problem with the touch pad.
I'm sure other members on the forum will have more suggestions latter. Sunday night is a slow time on the forum!:smile:

gordol

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't the touch pad, it started happening when I was hands off. At one point today, I was having morbid fun watching my Start Menu and Notification Center dance in and out on their own. And on the login screen, I could see on-screen touch points dancing around the various corners and side edges.

Brought it to the store today after work, they exchanged it for a new one, after verifying the issue. Setting it up now.

Keyboard feels better on this one.

gordol

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It got worse. While completely hands off, today, I had some morbid fun watching my Start Menu and Notification Center dance in and out of view. And I could see the circles indicating touch-screen use dance around the corners and left/right edges.

After showing this to the clerk at the store (Microsoft kiosk store at the mall), he did an exchange with another new one.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Thanks for your reply! I'm glad you solved your issue. Don't be a stranger here on WC. We have some good techs here that love solving problems. There are lots of things going on, so join in and be apart of the forum. Good place to learn and help others with your knowledge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes