Windows 10 Build 15002 Random Reboots

Robbie_Jardine

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently installed the last Insider Preview build of Windows 10 - 15002 and I have ran into an issue which is very frustrating in that I cannot find the cause.

I have Windows 10 installed via Virtual Box and previously I had no issues what so ever. But now since installing the latest build I experience random reboots. No 'Green Screen of Death', no freezing or locking up, nothing!!

Before this started after the update I could open apps, settings etc and then I noticed that I couldn't open Task Manager by right clicking the Taskbar, then other little things such as right clicking on the time/date, network icon etc would do nothing. then first reboot. Then opening other apps with cause another random reboot and now doing anything such as reporting an issue via Feedback Hub would reboot.

I could login without issue then it would reboot within 30 seconds, I could do nothing for a few minutes while I did something on the host and the login attempt would fail due to reboot.

I am completely at a loss and cannot report the issue to MS for investigation. As far as I know there are no Known Issues reported in this build impacting Virtual Box Guest installs.

Here is a background of my Host PC
Intel Core i7 6700K 4GHz
16GB DDR4 Memory
128MB SSD
Geforce GTX 780 3GB
Windows 8.1 Pro
All recent updates

sunita kumari

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello Robbie_Jardine,
Modify Power options settings first to prevent your PC from rebooting randomly. Click Show additional plan and Check High performance.

Untitled.png

Renato Rigamonti

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
To fix it :
Boot in safe mode, go to device manager and uninstall the VirtualBox video driver and check "Delete driver". Hit F5 to reinstall default basic Microsoft driver and reboot.

Hope it will help and VirtualBox team will fix thier video driver!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon