is the chrome browser for windows good now?

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I avoided the browser from a few years ago since there was the memory leak issue with windows.

Now that I am on an android phone, I am reconsidering the chrome browser for windows.

Is it any good? I am currently using opera browser with both my windows desktop and my android phone.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Being honest I think the Chrome problems with the RAM memory will be an issue for long time, this because the amount of features always running.

I'm actually using Opera which works pretty well after giving up on Chrome, the main concern is the lack of trust of a Chinese company (Opera was bought by a Chinese company not long ago).

But in my experience Opera works well, I don't recommend Chrome so far, but it's a matter of how you PC performs, how do you use your PC and your preferences.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Chrome for the time being and it definitely uses more memory. If you have your computer and browser up or days at a time, it might take up more memory than you'd like but it's probably doable.
I still enjoyed Firefox on both my phone and computer though.

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Chrome is a good browser, but ultimately it depends on preference. Chrome and chrome based browsers take up a lot more RAM than other browsers due to the way it is built. It gives preference to quick loading of pages over RAM usage, so it keeps a lot of stuff in memory, which makes it faster. Firefox is usually a little slower than Chrome but I still prefer Firefox because it is better with memory. Chrome is improving in memory usage, but its not that significant. Both Chrome and Firefox are good browsers with different areas of focus. If you have enough RAM and don't mind using it to full capacity, try Chrome, else stick with Firefox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon