Windows 10/drone integration

overboard08

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Are there any drone enthusiasts out amongst the Windows Central forums? And if so how are you guys integrating Windows 10 (both from a software and a devices aspect) into your usage? I'm wanting to get into drone flying myself and was curious if Windows 10 lent itself to drone use (control, programming, etc). Thanks!

Durahl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm flying a beefed up 510 sized TBS Discovery PRO which has a CUAV Pixhack Autopilot installed ( derivate of the 3D Robotics Pixhawk Autopilot ).

I'm using APM Planner 2 on a Gen1 Surface PRO as a Ground Station for diagnostics on the ground and in flight.

Wireless communication between the two Systems is provided by the TBS Crossfire Tx/Rx System which can reach up to 100km on a suitable location ( you standing on a mountain ) and with proper additional equipment ( high gain antennas installed ) - Though I've never flown further than 1km away =)

As for the Remote I'm now using a FrSky Horus X12S which has excellent configuration capabilities once you install OpenTX on it - The next best thing.
An cheaper alternative to the Horus X12S would otherwise be it's predecessor: FrSky Taranis X9D+

I'm not gonna lie though... The frame and some of it's tech is pre last Gen and totally outdated in comparison to a DJI Mavic which costs up to 3x less providing more - Though not with connectivity to W10 / W10M

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2