Push notifications unreliable (yet again) (WhatsApp)

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm finally at the end of my patience with my Lumia 950.

Push notifications for WhatsApp and Skype have been playing up again for me today. It would appear that restarting the phone fixes the issue, but also sometimes that restarting the phone quickly (i.e., turning it off when charging so that it turns back on right away) also sometimes induces the issue.

It seems to me that it is an issue with the push notification service inside the OS, for some reason at bootup it doesn't seem to start properly and/or it would appear to hang sometimes when the phone is running and doesn't recover.

Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this unreliability?

I am prepared to put up with some of the bugs of this phone but this one is unacceptable, it is highly frustrating not having confidence in your phone to notify you of messages and instead resorting to often checking the applications just to see if there is a message.

Been a Windows phone fan since the Lumia 920 but I am close to switching to iPhone now. I just can't be going on with these bugs - Enough is enough.

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Once again broken push notifications on WhatsApp. Think it is time to switch to iPhone when v8 comes out now. It is kinda important to have a phone that notifies you when you have a message.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Once again broken push notifications on WhatsApp.

My notifications aren't broken but the app itself, probably. Right now it took exactly 15 seconds to open with Loading screen, and 16 seconds with Resuming. Today it once even failed to resume, crashed after 20+ seconds. And it crashes at 14 seconds after I open any 14+sec video

Ps. I've been having this problem for 2-3 months. Reinstalling doesn't fix anything

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon