How to KEEP the title bar text displayed

Sebastian42

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I've set the file path to be displayed in the Windows Explorer (Win10 File Explorer ?) Title Bar, but when I click the mouse in a different window, that text disappears, until I click on the Title Bar again. Is there a way to keep that text from becoming invisible ?

Sebastian42

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm 'always' improving the system somehow - so recent changes YES, but ones not likely to affect the issue I've asked about. Excuse my 'arrogance' but I really don't believe there is a FAULT that needs correcting. I'm looking for a tweak to sidestep what I believe has been designed into Win10.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Meh don't mind your arrogance lol. It's your system so you probably know more about than I ever will.

Reason for my suggestion was simply that I have never seen the issue you were describing in W10 and I'm in the fast ring.. Don't even think it's an option. For a second I did consider this having sth to do with full-screen options, but that was just my mind wandering

Sebastian42

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Keeping the title bar text displayed

On March 10 2017, I posted the same question in this forum, but I find no way to post to the thread NOW. I said I have several Win10 systems and would test the others. I have now finally done that. One (the same v1511) does NOT behave in the same irritating way. Another (v1607) does not even show the path in the title bar, although I have set it to do so. I hope there will be an option to post to this new thread should I get an reply.

Sebastian42

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Since I was unable to post in this thread, I started a new thread in this forum, called 'Keeping the title bar text displayed'.

Sebastian42

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Continuing from 11 March - I have now finally done that. One (the same v1511) does NOT behave in the same irritating way. Another (v1607) does not even show the path in the title bar, although I have set it to do so. I run Actual Windows Manager on this PC (with the title bar text disappearing) - and it has some unexpected 'side effects' - like making program windows transparent. THAT can be adjusted in the context menu of the title bar. The coming and going of text in the title bar may be another manifestation of Actual Windows Manager features, but I have found no 'tool' in Actual Windows Manager that suggests that.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Please do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

Sebastian42

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I know about the disadvantage of multiple threads, but since I could not post in the original thread I was forced to create a second in order to continue. That problem was fixed, so now I have TWO live threads - I'm happy to withdraw the second one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes