Is Microsoft Listening?

Sammibulin

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
No of course they aren't. I firmly believe the only reason they continue to update the platform is because it is so easy to do so at this point. But any real innovation or new features that need to be tailored on mobile won't show up. Why would MSFT care if they ignore us. There are so few of us and most will end up going to android and using MSFT services anyways. The way I think of it is Windows mobile loyalists are like a guy who has been friend zoned by a chick who dates other guys. But the guy sticks around anyways because he has hope that maybe one day he will be more than a friend.

Bai

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Put it this way, if my 950 die right now I am heading to iPhone and I am a user since mango. Not only they don't listen, I don't even think they care. Let's forget about apps for a sec, they can't even fix the camera app 18month later. Decent camera is a must in smartphone market and there is no w10m with decent camera in the foreseeable future. Satya's legacy will be driving MS to the ground by ignoring the phone market.

HaroldLG

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so.

I bought a 640XL on December 2015. By June 2016 I had the yellow screen issue. Last week the phone stopped charging, so I took my wife's spare iPhone 5c.

I live in Canada and I have VERY limited options for WM10. At the store we only have the Alcatel IDOL 4s and two Acer models (the HP Elite is sold out). I just want a phone with a good camera and I'm not willing to pay more than CAD 300 for it.

Yes, I could go to Amazon.ca and order a Lumia 650 for CAD 211, but for 259 I could get an Asus Zenfone 3 laser, which honestly looks like a better deal.

I could get over the app gap (though I really need my banking apps and Transit is a must if you use bike and car sharing as I do), but the lack of communication from MS makes me think that they're going to pull the plug any minute now. I'll probably get the Asus and make the jump to Android, which sucks because I really like WM10... Is just that I feel is going nowhere.

Tito Saikale

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft should prioritize Mobile Version for once! People want the best device to be Mobile. Yes, PC version is very important, but time has changed and everyone want to be more practice. I just want to see Microsoft saying they will save Windows 10 Mobile working hard on it. Why they don't get it?!!!!

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
So does this mean that if persons with S8 or S8+ got issues with they are Android phones that they can carry to Microsoft store and have it repaired? I guess that could only happen under the Nutella's Watch

sasivarnan

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 640 XL user here.
The only reason I am not making a switch to Android is, I don't know what to do with my existing mobile.
Please provide a OFFICIAL way to dual boot with windows 10 mobile and android.

Tunde Fajimi

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Is Microsoft Listening? I don't think so..........

Last year Microsoft said that they will focus on Mobile in future and they didn't focus on Mobile that time. But they still continued this till Creators Update where it was supposed to be focused for Mobile. Also apps like Paint 3D, Windows Inking and other features that are available for Desktop and not for Mobile simply shows that they are not interested in Windows 10 Mobile.

And Microsoft using the Samsung Galaxy S8 to for their services shows that they will slowly....very slowly.....and steadily kill Windows 10 Mobile. And we, Windows Phone users will be left behind.

The lesson I'm learning here is not to invest my valuable emotional energy into fantasizing about what could be, and the potential of Windows on phone (or even Windows in general).

Microsoft can kill this platform anytime without warning, and life is too short to be broken-hearted and frustrated by the twists and turns of the business decisions of a company.

That said, Windows still has the best potential UI, just failed to organically evolve it, and lost faith in the platform for themselves.

hometoy

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Instead of wringing hands and saying "they don't listen to us", we should band together, get vocal and bring the message to as high as possible.

Anybody know or have an idea who/where to start?

Flood the feedback hub?

Post on all social media outlets possible?

Call somebody in Microsoft?

I mean, don't be a troll or jerk, but the more vocal and visible, the greater presence portrayed. Making suggestions, talking up the platform, building applications and just getting out there will help more than complaining about the dying platform.

Question is, does anybody know where to go or who to talk to?

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I will have a Windows phone for as long as the hardware and software are available. But, as a long time supporter, I'm beginning to wonder if they're just waiting for everyone to give up and move to Android or iOS so that they have an excuse to abandon development. A Windows version of the S8 would convince me otherwise. As in all things, time will tell.

Sick Freak

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
What's sad is that many places I go, people see my Windows Phone and they're SHOCKED that there's such a thing as a Windows Phone. Most people have absolutely no clue there is such a thing. If people actually knew about them, I think that would help drive more people to the Windows Phone platform. Now, we just need to get more UWP apps.

I worked for Microsoft for a decade and was very disappointed with the lack of knowledge about Windows Mobile/Phones. I brought it up multiple times, but nobody seemed to care.

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
They don't care. There's not many phones available and they aren't even promoting the OS. The creators update didn't even update much of anything on Mobile. We've been asking for landscape home screen for years and still nothing...doubt if they even care much anymore now they are selling android galaxy phones in their stores

I thought I read somewhere, that redstone 2 was more targeted towards PC and under the hood pulling the mobile version closer to the PC version... And that redstone 3 was going to target mobile more?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere, that redstone 2 was more targeted towards PC and under the hood pulling the mobile version closer to the PC version... And that redstone 3 was going to target mobile more?
There was a rumor that Redstone was supposed to focus on Mobile and 2017 was supposed to be Microsofts return from retrenchment but nothing has happened....im just tired of all the rumors especially the surface phone rumor..

Sent from Idol 4s

RayWP7

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Oh, wow. I don't accept the "woe is me" line of thinking I'm reading here. Of course they are listening. But, they are a business and businesses have to prioritize things. W10 Mobile is an important part of their Windows (*ahem* Microsoft) everywhere strategy. The thing is... Satya has mentioned on many occasions that he wants to do for mobility what Surface did for (mobile) computing. If they are considering different hybrid devices, form factors, etc, W10 Mobile might need to evolve with that with that vision. They need to do something to correct their absence from the mobile space but they want to do something that, in their eyes, is monumental or significant enough for them. I accept that idea and endeavor. As a long time Windows Phone/Mobile user, I too waited patiently for new device after new device. Buying each and everyone (for either me or my family)! I sold it to friends. I sold it to coworkers. But, now that Microsoft is in (another) realignment phase, I think it is time people also step back and reconsider their positions. I did. I decided now was the time for me to try out the competing platforms. Android was a bust. I returned my Samsung S7 after a week. No explosions. I just really didn't want to deal with the quagmire of insanity. I wanted my experience to match my W10M experience. Wrong thing to expect. Then, after about 10 years, I tried out an iPhone 7. On the one hand, I was pleased to have access to apps that I didn't have on W10M. Namely: my home automation and banking apps. But I was equally surprised that the OS itself hasn't changed *much* from when I left it. That is a pro and con. Pro: no learning curve, Con: well... boring. Notification center? OMG. But here I am using my iPhone 7 thinking the best and most important feature *to me* is Apple Wallet and iPay. It is SO much faster than chip card transactions for retailers that have both. Will I return to Microsoft? If and only if they return to the consumer space. Do I expect that to happen? Of course. I am a heavy Microsoft ecosystem user and I love it. Microsoft Surfaces (RT, 3, 3Pro, 4), keyboards, laptops, and gaming desktops. Office. Hell, I am a SQL Server database administrator by profession. What's not to love? For me, I think taking a break from the installs/reinstalls/testing and waiting on the edge for the next best thing for W10M is long over due. People shouldn't stress... Microsoft and W10 Mobile isn't going anywhere in the long run even if in the short term it seems they are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes