Books on Edge, are they supposed to sync your reading position?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the creators update on my 1520 an 8" Nuvision tablet. I bought a book from the Edge bookstore on my 1520 and have tried to get it to sync with my tablet to no avail. Even the free books i downloaded don't sync bookmarks or reading positions. Is it just not working right yet or is this actually not a feature yet?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The more I read , the more I can't believe Microsoft dropped the ball on this one. Wow.and because edge is not in the store, we will need to wait for an OS update to fix this.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So my surface was offline and I tried to load my book. But it only loaded one of my older bookmarks. My latest bookmarks were not present...

Is this a bug?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Because if we can't get bookmarks while offline then that is another serious ball drop.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So my surface was offline and I tried to load my book. But it only loaded one of my older bookmarks. My latest bookmarks were not present...

Is this a bug?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Because if we can't get bookmarks while offline then that is another serious ball drop.

jsham1963

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I had an issue with bookmarks also. I started reading in an area without wifi, and when I continued in an area with wifi all of my bookmarks were gone. this makes Edge useless to me as an e-reader as I will use it in both areas. I would like to move on from kindle on my old android tablet, but I guess it won't be with Edge. There is Kobo, but I already have some funds in my MS account that I could use. They need to keep bookmarks local and in the web, and be like kindle and ask which bookmark to use if they don't match. Just a basic feature that MS missed. I don't see why they just don't do their own separate e-reader.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon