Creator's update problems

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi anybody having issues where pages in edge won't load fully or groove doesn't want to stream songs. Idk what's wrong and it seems kinda tied to internet trouble but im not sure anybody experiencing anything similar?

The1Weapon

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
My wifi has been incredibly slow since updating to the Creator's Update. Downloads are primarily affected as my upload speed is working fine (at least according to speed tests. I'm experiencing much of the same issues.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi ALL!!!

When will MS release their Creators Update(non-insiders) ISO links ?
I like to install it manually instead of WATCHING 1% on 'Windows Update Assistant' Screen . :(

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi ALL!!!

When will MS release their Creators Update(non-insiders) ISO links ?
I like to install it manually instead of WATCHING 1% on 'Windows Update Assistant' Screen . :(

Microsoft has update Media Creation Tool (MCT) which offers Creators Update version 1703.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=NwE0JLYv

Click the Download Tool Now button and RUN it.

Select the Create installation media for another PC > that will start downloading the iso file.

You can use the iso file to do an In-place install or burn it to a bootable media and do a clean install

I use the MCT to update one of my computer from version 1607 to version 1703.
And I used the iso file to do a repair install to fix a problem on another computer.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Microsoft has update Media Creation Tool (MCT) which offers Creators Update version 1703.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=MhDTmtTm

Click the Download Tool Now button and RUN it.

Select the Create installation media for another PC > that will start downloading the iso file.

You can use the iso file to do an In-place install or burn it to a bootable media and do a clean install

I use the MCT to update one of my computer from version 1607 to version 1703.
And I used the iso file to do a repair install to fix a problem on another computer.

Originally I tried to just go with an upgrade from windows 7. The updates didn't work, they would stall and hang. So I started from fresh with a clean install. Since then every update has gone peachy. I think if you just go the upgrade path, like with previous versions of windows, it leaves everything a bit buggy.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
There's also sfc /scannow, always worth a spin. But probably an in place upgrade (keeping your files and apps), or a fresh install (booting from the media) is what you need.
I'd try them in that order. Sfc, in place upgrade, and if all else fails, clean install.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Cortana problem:
-Unable to set the reminder manually.
-it hanged my laptop for 5-6 seconds.

After turnoff all background apps, my system performance has degraded after this update...

RMG93

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Omg, I'm not alone... 1Mbps down and 70Mbps up here with the Surface Pro 4.... Only happens on the University network tho (which happens to be my dorm network as well... yey).

The 30/30 network at my parents home works just fine, and connecting my SP4 to a hotspot on my phone, gives a stable 30/20 connection on 4G.

A university IT-guy says its a problem with the SP4 communicating through all the encryotions on their network or routers or whatever. Probably some fancy enterprice routers. No new network card drivers avaliable either :/

The1Weapon

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
So.......interesting new development here.

First and foremost, let me say that my speeds are very much the same as yours on my university connection. They have not improved, and while my SP3 still remains usable, it is severely hampered in its ability to download anything. With that having been said, I am still on the Insider Fast Ring and none of the updates since I first posted about this have helped the problem.

Getting to the point of this response though, there's an interesting temporary fix that I've come across to this issue in that when I start the mobile hotspot feature on my PC, the download speeds will return to normal. I don't understand this issue at all and it seems not to be very widespread, but after having previously rolled back my computer to a previous build, after having refreshed and completely reset it, nothing works until I found out the mobile hotspot workaround. I don't know what to make of this, but I hope this issue gains more traction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes