Can i still get free windows 10 update?

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Unless Microsoft has finally plugged the hole, the answer is ................. yes, you till can.

Please read the article below and follow the instructions which started at :
To get started, go to the Download Windows 10 webpage and click the Download tool now button. After the download completes, run the Media Creation Tool...............

Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade | ZDNet

*** Note : If you choose to download an iso file, make sure you select Single language ***

Please don't hesitate to post back if you are not sure how to proceed.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Unless Microsoft has finally plugged the hole, the answer is ................. yes, you till can.

Please read the article below and follow the instructions which started at :
To get started, go to the Download Windows 10 webpage and click the Download tool now button. After the download completes, run the Media Creation Tool...............

Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade | ZDNet

*** Note : If you choose to download an iso file, make sure you select Single language ***

Please don't hesitate to post back if you are not sure how to proceed.

I think they left it there intentionally is my suspicion. Only technically inclined people would use that method. So they gain users of win10 without losing anything significant in terms of licensing. The still very much need users of windows 7 to switch in the big play.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I am having windows 8.1 single language. can i still get a update to windows 10?

A much more simpler method you can use.......
Use the same Media Creation Tool given to you from the article.

Click the Update now button.
That will get the Update Assistant started to check if your computer is verified to upgrade.
If approved, it will tell you so.
It will tell you what to do. Just follow the prompts from then on.

Aravind Belagaje

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your replays

it can even done with iso i guess. because i already have downloaded iso and its a bit difficult for me to get internet connection for that device

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your replays

it can even done with iso i guess. because i already have downloaded iso and its a bit difficult for me to get internet connection for that device

Yes. Just one thing I want you to make sure......
Is the iso you downloaded a Windows 10 Single Language ?
It has to be a Single Language architect or you either won't get installed, or it won't get activated after installation.

If yes to the above, then the rest is easy................

Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup (or setup.exe).
No product key is required. If by any chance you do get asked for a product key, just select the SKIP option or the "I do not have a product key" option and continue.
You can keep you files, settings and apps. ( You might have apps removed or rendered inoperable if they are not compatible with Windows 10).
Activation will be automatic after successful installation.

Good luck.
Please post the result afterwards.

**** adding............ make it a point internet is connected. You can't get activated if you can't connect to internet.......****

Aravind Belagaje

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Thank you
davidhk129
i can connect from mobile hotspot for activation the difficulty is only with downloading 4GB of update.
And i guess you missed one more thing, i think i can activate windows even by calling to Microsoft and entering the provided code (don't know whether it is only available in some region but my region has)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon