My laptop is not a monster when it comes to badass performance, I'm a gamer either but I do have some games that I play once in a while.

I use cortex to improve games performance, after Creators update we got Game Mode, should I uninstall Cortex and stick to the latter?

Thank you :)
    06-18-2017 11:41 AM
    My laptop is not a monster when it comes to badass performance, I'm a gamer either but I do have some games that I play once in a while.

I use cortex to improve games performance, after Creators update we got Game Mode, should I uninstall Cortex and stick to the latter?

Thank you :)
    "Laptop" and "gamer" sound weird in one sentence.
    06-20-2017 05:08 AM
    I use cortex and i've noticed that it helps improve the overall performance of games whereas game mode doesn't seem to do anything. I'd stick to Cortex for the time being. :) (ps.: you CAN play games on a laptop)
    06-25-2017 04:58 AM
    Benchmarking on gaming mode show that it only bumps a few fps (which can make the difference when the game would otherwise be unplayable, but otherwise not a big deal). It does however also increase consistency, so you don't get as much sudden sporadic lag. Which is also handy when pushing your gear.

IDK about razor cortex. I think most gaming boosters just clear up ram, which can be margingally helpful if you don't have much. But I'm not sure exactly how it works.
    06-25-2017 06:04 AM
    "Laptop" and "gamer" sound weird in one sentence.
    If this was 2015, then sure, I'll agree to that. However, a laptop today is about 95% the same hardware as a full computer in just two years time. Just a lot more expensive, haha.

Back to the OP, try one, then the other and see which one does a better job. Game Mode, after all, is something new for Microsoft, while Razer is all about gaming.
    06-25-2017 09:07 AM
    If this was 2015, then sure, I'll agree to that. However, a laptop today is about 95% the same hardware as a full computer in just two years time. Just a lot more expensive, haha.

Back to the OP, try one, then the other and see which one does a better job. Game Mode, after all, is something new for Microsoft, while Razer is all about gaming.
    Yeah, Game Mode is almost useless yet, as I know. But Razer is fake as well: You will even better set up it manually.
    06-25-2017 10:16 AM
    Yeah, Game Mode is almost useless yet, as I know. But Razer is fake as well: You will even better set up it manually.
    This is what some gamers rely on- a build of windows with services and applications stripped out, a sort of barebones windows.

Limits what you can use the machine for though. Unless you set up some kind of dual boot.
    06-25-2017 08:02 PM