What's wrong with Windows Weather???

Azure 12

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
Windows Weather constantly contradicts itself (showing to VERY different temperatures). The historical temperatures (under the 'Historical Weather' section) are also COMPLETELY WRONG (as in waaaay, waay off.) I would post screenshots but I don't see an option for that.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Windows Weather constantly contradicts itself (showing to VERY different temperatures). The historical temperatures (under the 'Historical Weather' section) are also COMPLETELY WRONG (as in waaaay, waay off.) I would post screenshots but I don't see an option for that.

That's weird, mine is working just as it should.

What are you using? Phone? Surface RT? PC? Xbox?

What version of Windows are you running?

Azure 12

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
That's weird, mine is working just as it should.

What are you using? Phone? Surface RT? PC? Xbox?

What version of Windows are you running?

PC. It's been doing it since Windows 8.0 (in other words: for years, and on different Windows installations.) I'm currently running Windows 10 Home (with everything up to date.)

Azure 12

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
Mines always accurate. Maybe its the weather service they are gathering info from.

Irrespective of the data source, it is made use of by Microsoft, and they should have some sort of quality control; which, evidently is sorely lacking. Microsoft in this instance is #1 ] getting ripped off (for what they're paying their data provider) and #2 ] Leaving a bad taste in the mouth of customers like me who've been using their products for more than 32 years.

Sagnik Pal

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Instead of blaming Microsoft first atleast check whether its Microsoft's problem or not!

> Make sure what you think should have been the data instead of what is being shown is correct.
> Check which city you've chosen. Make sure you set it to where's data you want. (Sometimes there might be two cities with same name)
> Check the unit of temperature. There are two options Celsius and Fahrenheit. Make sure you are on the right one.
> Make sure the time and date and timezone on your PC are correct.
> Reinstall the app from store
> Make sure you region and date & time settings including timezone on your Microsoft account are correct.
> Restart your device.
> Make sure you're not on any insider builds
> Make sure you have a good internet connection.

Hope this Helps. Comment if you need help.
Want to win a dell monitor from windows central? Follow this link...

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Agree. Very often lately it shows "Sunny" when it's already Storm for an hour.
The problem is even not in forecasting, but in showing current weather!

Azure 12

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site

It's not that

Instead of blaming Microsoft first atleast check whether its Microsoft's problem or not!

> Make sure what you think should have been the data instead of what is being shown is correct.
> Check which city you've chosen. Make sure you set it to where's data you want. (Sometimes there might be two cities with same name)
> Check the unit of temperature. There are two options Celsius and Fahrenheit. Make sure you are on the right one.
> Make sure the time and date and timezone on your PC are correct.
> Reinstall the app from store
> Make sure you region and date & time settings including timezone on your Microsoft account are correct.
> Restart your device.
> Make sure you're not on any insider builds
> Make sure you have a good internet connection.

Hope this Helps. Comment if you need help.
Want to win a dell monitor from windows central? Follow this link...

Uh, OF COURSE I checked ALL those things. I would not make an accusation UNLESS I'm 100% certain of it! In THIS instance, Microsoft's app is certainly at fault, I guarantee it. I am well-versed in the sciences and am a software engineer.

Agree. Very often lately it shows "Sunny" when it's already Storm for an hour.
The problem is even not in forecasting, but in showing current weather!

Yes, very much the reporting of the current conditions is all mixed up and HIGHLY contradictory.

Also, as-mentioned, the the historical low temperatures are WAAAY off; so the recording of the conditions is also highly erroneous to say the least. (The historical highs seem about right though.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's not that

Uh, OF COURSE I checked ALL those things. I would not make an accusation UNLESS I'm 100% certain of it! In THIS instance, Microsoft's app is certainly at fault, I guarantee it. I am well-versed in the sciences and am a software engineer.

Yes, very much the reporting of the current conditions is all mixed up and HIGHLY contradictory.

Also, as-mentioned, the the historical low temperatures are WAAAY off; so the recording of the conditions is also highly erroneous to say the least. (The historical highs seem about right though.)

How do you know its the app at fault and not where the app is pulling its information from?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes