Why is SMS relay STILL a mess in Windows 10?

AvidUrner

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
int main(void)

printf("RANT\n")

{Every few months I sign into Skype, set it as my default messaging app, and am immediately disappointed at its inability to reliably sync sms messages between my Lumias and Windows 10 devices. It can't even keep itself "synced" on a single device. I will have a conversation with someone on my ThinkPad using sms relay. If I close and reopen the app, any number of messages just seem to have been vaporized.

Also, the Windows 10 Mobile app performance is atrocious. Want to select a thread? Tap, wait, wait, wait, then hit the back button once the ui explodes and needs re-written. Better hope that it doesn't crash the device entirely.

Every few months I give it another chance. Every few months I appreciate how Apple features tend to work out of the gate far more often. In this case Apple has been implementing reliable sms relay for what - 3 years now?

C'mon Microsoft}

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
int main(void)

printf("RANT\n")

{Every few months I sign into Skype, set it as my default messaging app, and am immediately disappointed at its inability to reliably sync sms messages between my Lumias and Windows 10 devices. It can't even keep itself "synced" on a single device. I will have a conversation with someone on my ThinkPad using sms relay. If I close and reopen the app, any number of messages just seem to have been vaporized.

Also, the Windows 10 Mobile app performance is atrocious. Want to select a thread? Tap, wait, wait, wait, then hit the back button once the ui explodes and needs re-written. Better hope that it doesn't crash the device entirely.

Every few months I give it another chance. Every few months I appreciate how Apple features tend to work out of the gate far more often. In this case Apple has been implementing reliable sms relay for what - 3 years now?

C'mon Microsoft}

I hate to tell you this, but MSFT is ending the SMS messaging service for skype, on win10m.

Skype will stay, and obviously skype is pretty solid on its own (well for me, it works more reliably than either the old or new app on desktop :/)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I hate to tell you this, but MSFT is ending the SMS messaging service for skype, on win10m.

Skype will stay, and obviously skype is pretty solid on its own (well for me, it works more reliably than either the old or new app on desktop :/)

I thought Messaging Everywhere went away with the Anniversary Update. Shows how much I used it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes