[APP] Replacement for default SMS app

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Recently I posted about Kickstarter client for Windows. You can check out my threads about it. Unfortunately, I had to put that project on wait because I'm not in a country where Kickstarter is supported so I could not develop some of the primary functions.

Since I love to code for Windows I didn't just sit and wait. I was working on SMS client for Windows 10 Mobile. My app can act as complete replacement for default SMS app. There is option in settings where you can choose default SMS apps and my app will be there. You can check out app's screenshots:

MessagesPlus.jpg
MessagesPlus_2.jpg

Here are clear screenshots:

Mockup_Start_Light.jpg Menu_Light.jpg

Except primary functions, like sending messages, etc. my app will have rich personalization options. Here are few of them:

1. Change conversation's background
  2. Change theme
  3. Change notification's sound for every conversation
  4. Change look of messages list
  5. Change live tile look
  6. Change fonts inside application, etc.

Here are some features that will make this app even more different than default client:
  1. "Keep on top" - keeps selected messages always on top
  2. "Private messages" - hide content of selected messages
  3. "Lock" - set PIN lock when launching application
  4. "Auto send" - send message at scheduled time
  5. "Are you sure" - make sure that you typed what you wanted to type before sending message
  6. "Sort messages" - sort messages by date of arrival (today, yesterday, recently, old)

Application will also feature rich notifications customizable to your liking.

Since I'm using restriced APIs I'm waiting for Microsoft's approval. This APIs can only be used by special dev accounts, and I don't have one. But I hope that Microsoft will allow me to publish it (if I get reply at all :p).

Let me know what you think guys. Any suggestions are welcome :)
Best regards!

Lumia mockups made by Sak Mateusz
Sak Mateusz - graphic designer
www.behance.net/sakmateusz

Last edited:

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Good luck. Remember in case Microsoft decided not to approve it, you could opt for a different means of distribution.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you able to achieve Cortana interop with the available APIs? That'd be pretty mandatory for an SMS app, and if you have it you'll want to mention that in your feature list when publishing.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Give the ability to send/receive on a computer!!!
Microsoft's Messaging app used to do it, but they killed it in favor of Skype.
And don't forget message syncing.

Put the install on here and you'll get plenty of testers.
JJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923