Cortana no longer syncing text or any notifications from Mobile to Surface or Desktop

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know if this is a problem right now? For the last week or so, Cortana has stopped sending messages from my phone (950XL) on the latest Fast Ring insider to any other device. I even checked all the settings which were correct and then hard reset the phone to latest public release 15063.483 ... no more syncing anything in fact from Mobile to anything else. I did notice for a few weeks there the phone was sending double notifications to my Surface tho.

Any ideas?

Unkitjc

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Been wondering the same - no notifications from 950XL on fast ring to my laptop since a month or so. Something's up probably - no idea what I can do to fix it. Turned all settings off everywhere and turned them in again, no luck - not even from my 830 which is on the last release of CU. I did send feedback about it. Thought I was the only one

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Right so it's just us until someone else stumbles in here, I also thought I was the only one lol... oh well. It was nice when it worked, but then so was Messaging Anywhere. Dump more cool stuff from Windows 10, MS... it's working great for ya

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a 950XL on production and for at least the last couple PC/phone builds, notifications only work when both are on the same version. When my PC updated to 15063.483 my phone hadn't yet and notifications didn't work. As soon as I updated my phone to .483, notifications worked again, with my PC, laptop, and tablet.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if this is a problem right now? For the last week or so, Cortana has stopped sending messages from my phone (950XL) on the latest Fast Ring insider to any other device. I even checked all the settings which were correct and then hard reset the phone to latest public release 15063.483 ... no more syncing anything in fact from Mobile to anything else. I did notice for a few weeks there the phone was sending double notifications to my Surface tho.

Any ideas?

works fine with my Samsung Galaxy S8 plus, must be a windows mobile issue. I don't think I receive stuff from my idol 4 s either to my desktop.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, I have my Surface on Fast, and my Desktop on Slow rings respectively. The phone was syncing up til around 2 weeks ago and stopped after the second to newest phone fast ring update. And before that is was double notifying. No idea I guess I'll just go back on the phone fast ring next round. See what happens

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: There is a setting now to change this... is it new? did I miss it? Who knows...
It's inside of the Cortana notifications

Settings-> Notifications then..

snip_20170731071309.png

Then click on Cortana and find...

snip_20170731071328.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos