What is your 'other' browser?

MatthewR413

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
So I know many people aren't thrilled with Edge with its lack of extensions and sometimes quirky handling of some sites. Chrome is hands down the most popular, but what do you use as your other browser that's either your daily driver or your back-up when Edge just won't do it?

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My primary is Edge (I do NOT use extensions, period) and my backup is IE11. I refuse to use Chrome. I already feel dirty using YouTube, but I don't use Google's other trash.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Firefox is my main. Been using it since my college days and never looked back. When I changed from IE to FF, I went back and forth between Chrome and FF. Chrome annoys the hell outta me so I won't be caught dead using it. My backup is Edge and it's enough for me... I only need it about once a month.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
IE is my backup for Edge. A few Microsoft sites still don't work in Edge (e.g. Intune). IE works in those cases. Firefox is my third tier backup, in a VM, rarely used.

spaceOpia1

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I mostly use Edge, but often fallback on chrome, for it (Google) has better search results. That said, I mostly try Edge (with Bing) first.
But for the UI and the overall experience with Windows, I prefer Edge.

vinca andrei

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
chrome - for web development - nice debugger. I don't use it for daily use, so it's easier to clear the cookies and all data for debuging debugging and... debugging.
Opera - for facebook, spam sites and daily use
Firefox - for internet banking. I keep it clean without extensions and used just for internet banking (for security reasons).
Edge - From time to time when I try to remember why I don't use edge

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
On PC my primary browser is Firefox with my back-up being... wait for it... Internet Explorer. This on Windows 7 & 10. Don't really like Edge as it hasn't handled some web pages or documents well for my liking.

And on mobile, stumbled across BlueSky Browser which works really well for my needs - Edge was somewhat sluggish and not all that intuitive IMHO.

So only use Edge if absolutely necessary or it comes into play as the default.

ryanlrobinson

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I essentially use different browsers for different accounts so I don't have to switch between them (Google's switcher is great, but Microsoft's not as quick).

Chrome gets the heaviest lifting including being logged in to my main work Office365 services, my main personal Outlook.com, and my main personal Google really only used for YouTube. The value of the extensions outweighs my general dislike of Google-y things.

Firefox I use for my independent small business and an online network I do a lot of tech work for, which is another Office365, another Outlook.com, and another Google account.

Edge I use to login to client Office365 services, e.g. building SharePoint sites. Sometimes IE for those odd features of SharePoint which only work in IE still.

I tried to make Opera the personal use browser when I first started this system but laziness ultimately kicked in and that merged with Chrome as the work browser since there weren't conflicting account types to worry about.

davidraywilson

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Vivaldi is my only browser of choice. It's the only one I've used that's reliable enough for my daily tasks as a web developer. Edge dev tools are a joke, Chrome takes up more ram than all other apps combined, and FireFox has been displaying a lot of web pages incorrectly lately. Opera would be my only secondary choice.

https://vivaldi.com

bluefoam

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Chrome, because it shares across my laptop, phone and tablet... I don't have to care what device I'm using, my information is just there... Haven't opened edge yet...

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
At home, Edge is my primary and Firefox is my backup. At work I still use Firefox as a backup but am still currently stuck with Windows 7, so IE 11 is my primary there.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
So I know many people aren't thrilled with Edge with its lack of extensions and sometimes quirky handling of some sites. Chrome is hands down the most popular, but what do you use as your other browser that's either your daily driver or your back-up when Edge just won't do it?

Firefox is pretty capable browser. I use it at work as it is more stable handling multiple tabs compared with Chrome (from my experience). I wish my answer was Edge but after 2 years of Edge development + the YEARS of experience developing + the years of seeing Chrome successfully overtakes IE, Edge is still not ready even as a backup... ☹

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
If Microsoft actually did a good job with Edge you wouldn't need a backup browser. For that reason I've switched from Edge to Firefox, which used to be my backup browser. I just got bored of doing stuff in Edge, and now and then to jumping into another browser to get things done. Edge still doesn't have the "copy image location" option for example. To bad Edge had been out for two years now, and we still can't really on it as on our primary.

Sent from mTalk on Windows phone

Mike Hamill1

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

I use Edge 99% of the time. On the odd occasion that I have to use another browser, I always use Opera!! 😊

ad47uk

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I use cent and that is it, Edge is installed because Ms do not allow it to be uninstalled, just like IE, but I do not use it.
Edge is an awful browser.

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Internet explorer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb