Mail and Calendar app in W10 Pro crashing at startup

w8user

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I updated it a few days ago (after a while) and it does not start anymore: when I click on the icon the program launches, then its main window's contents go blank, then the program exits. There isn't even an error message

Today I saw there was an update and installed it. It's now at version 17.8499.40745.0

The problem persists, however. I rebooted my PC today before installed the updated and didn't make a difference.

---

note: if you don't have this problem and have no clue what this problem may be, you don't need to respond. Comments like "my app is working fine" are not useful to solve my problem. Thanks for your understanding

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried doing a "disk clean up" before? Or run a cleanup with revo uninstaller?

Usually one of those works for me when something can't be installed or can't run.

w8user

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried doing a "disk clean up" before? Or run a cleanup with revo uninstaller?

Usually one of those works for me when something can't be installed or can't run.

I have not attempted to do that, but I will give them a try

I do have ~ 400 Gb of free space, though. Anyway, let's see

w8user

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, this is crazy. I just opened the Windows Store, checked for updates, found one for Mail and Calendar, installed it, and voila! This time it worked

I did also did the cleanup suggested by Danobe before opening the store. Unfortunately, I did not tried to open the app just after the cleanup (forgot about it). I went straight and updated the app in the store

Oddly enough, the version is now 17.8400.40745.0. When I originally posted, the version had 8499 not 8400. So, not sure if the version went down (probably not), or maybe I mistyped the version number and it was 8400 yesterday too, and MS simply kept the version number and updated the app silently

I am not sure. What I am sure about is that yesterday I checked for updates multiple times and there wasn't any after I updated the app.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
The revo uninstaller clean-up and the disk cleaner unit is less about making room, and more about cleaning stuff up, so old, unnecessary files etc. are removed. It usually works for me. It's the same deal with cleaning your browser cache. It's not working because it makes more space on the harddrive (unless you have a completely full drive), but more about removing old removing that might stop the browser for loading a page.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb