Why so many Bluetooth problems with WM?

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to see what everyone thinks regarding why Bluetooth is so problematic in Windows Mobile?

I used a $70 Android running Marshmallow earlier this year, and while I didn't like it, I have to admit that the Bluetooth functionality was flawless. As soon as I turned on my car, it reconnected instantly and resumed playing whatever I had been previously listening to. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

In contrast, my 640 running W10M 15250 connects within a few seconds about a third of the time, connects after anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes later another third of the time. And the remainder of the time it won't connect at all, until I either drop and rediscover/reboot/restart the car, or some combination of all of the above.

The BT standard has been around for quite some time, and Google and Apple have obviously mastered it. Why does Microsoft have so much trouble with it? Too many people busy redesigning emojis instead?

All of my workmates used to have Windows phones, and I'm the last holdout. But it's embarrassing to get in the car for lunch and have to struggle to get BT connected. I take a lot of ribbing over it.

And yes, I've turned in feedback multiple times -- never received any direct reply.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The only times I've had Bluetooth problems on Windows has been with Lumias. Being as they make up over 95% of Windows phones it makes sense that users feel it's the OS.

I'm not referring to just the recent phones, my One M8, Ativ SE as well as my newer Alcatels and Acer have been flawless.

I would guess they all use different Bluetooth stacks from what Nokia/Microsoft use, that need to work on their Android models as well, to save $$ on production costs. Just a hunch.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
funny I haven't/don't have BT trouble on any of my Lumia phones and my X3 works flawless... are you maybe on fast ring? also I have read on several other posts that people who switched to android had trouble with BT and then went back to Win10 and no trouble at all, others just use android and had problems with BT...

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've never had trouble connecting my 950xl and 650 to my cars and also lots of rental cars (for work)

Always seems to connect shortly after the car is on. I know some cars I've been in needed me to specify to use the "alternate method of bluetooth connections" in order for some things to work correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)