Even Outlook is Becoming Frustrating

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I need to be out this morning at a vendor site. Loading Outlook, I went to set my out of office. It was next to impossible. The text area blocks aren't allowing me to input text. I broke down and entered this on my desktop. It used to at least work though I've left many feedback items on how it didn't work as well as on Blackberry or Android.

02bDgss.jpg

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I need to be out this morning at a vendor site. Loading Outlook, I went to set my out of office. It was next to impossible. The text area blocks aren't allowing me to input text. I broke down and entered this on my desktop. It used to at least work though I've left many feedback items on how it didn't work as well as on Blackberry or Android.

https://i.imgur.com/02bDgss.jpg

I guess slowly things will keep breaking down on W10M, MS has clearly been trying to shake off the last few users as they want to give W10M a quiet burial.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

It's really frustrating isn't it?

Most people don't come across these issues (consumers) it's ironically those of us who have actually use the darn o/s to do work (enterprise users) and Microsoft say's it's focusing on enterprise users... :grincry:.

The work around I found was to use desktop view in the mobile browser but edge on WM10 has so many rendering issues on Microsoft's own websites suchas outlook.com that there are no words to describe the diabolical experiences for enterprise users.

The other last resort was to use remote desktop but even that became unreliable after the remote desktop app dropped the preview tag.

Sometimes ticking all the boxes and then soft reseting resolved this issue.

I have had a fair share of annoying experiences and it's getting worse.

lately when I'm typing an email the suggested words randomly start flashing and the keyboard stops functioning. So I have to open up onenote, type my email and then copy + paste it into the email. But even that is unreliable, so I have to copy and paste from one note into word, save the damn document, soft reset (as I have strangely lost onenotes notes when the keyboard stops working), open the document and copy and paste it into the email and then send it. I have taken to bccing myself just incase it disappears into the ether.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The work around I found was to use desktop view in the mobile browser but edge on WM10 has so many rendering issues on Microsoft's own websites suchas outlook.com that there are no words to describe the diabolical experiences for enterprise users.

I see this way too often. I use Microsoft's PartnerSource/CustomerSource site a lot. Often I cannot browse the site with Edge and/or Internet Explorer. However, until recently, IE was required to download from the site. The problem was that I could not even get to the download page.

My solution was to use Chrome or Firefox and browse to the applicable download page. I would then copy the URL and paste it into IE. Bingo! Now I can download from Chrome so my problems in that regard have taken care of themselves.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I see this way too often. I use Microsoft's PartnerSource/CustomerSource site a lot. Often I cannot browse the site with Edge and/or Internet Explorer. However, until recently, IE was required to download from the site. The problem was that I could not even get to the download page.

My solution was to use Chrome or Firefox and browse to the applicable download page. I would then copy the URL and paste it into IE. Bingo! Now I can download from Chrome so my problems in that regard have taken care of themselves.

Likewise, it's one of the primary reasons I use still use firefox as my main browser.

I find things like this hilarious due to the irony and aggravating because it's seems to be always their enterprise centric sites that have rendering or 'running scripts' issues.

Aggravating, as almost every CRM (at least that was true when I was still in real estate) was designed for internet explorer and active x.. and/or jscript. I found Jupix to be the only one useable in Edge and windows phone and windows mobile 10... until unsurprisingly an update messed up the rendering on Edge. So we as 'enterprise users' have to find work arounds using their competitor's software... just to use their products to get work done :grincry::grincry:.

That's just hilarious imo.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So we as 'enterprise users' have to find work arounds using their competitor's software... just to use their products to get work done .

That's just hilarious imo.

It's hilarious in a masochist sort of way. :amaze:

Another issue I have is that it is difficult to know where to log in to Microsoft's sites. For example, logging in to Office 365 when you have both enterprise and personal accounts can be an exercise in patience, especially if you have login information saved in the browser. I find myself going in circles. Where is this single login they keep talking about?

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's hilarious in a masochist sort of way. :amaze:

Another issue I have is that it is difficult to know where to log in to Microsoft's sites. For example, logging in to Office 365 when you have both enterprise and personal accounts can be an exercise in patience, especially if you have login information saved in the browser. I find myself going in circles. Where is this single login they keep talking about?

Haha... I hear you, Microsoftonline.com is the easiest solution I found to that dilemma lol.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I concur. Was looking at Iphones today. I don't want to put my personal phone under our InTune MDM surveillance so want a second yet find the S6 ive been issued terrible and the S8 models we're getting worse.

Wonder if I can get a Note 7.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

That is interesting. On my 950XL, fast ring, latest build and latest version of Outlook Mail, I cannot replicate this. It works and I can use all the text fields on the screen you have shown.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
...and now it gets worse.

My 950xl just decided it wasn't going to check emails from my work. A hosted Office 365 account that requires InTune device enrollment. I called my staff (a.k.a. The Helpdesk) this morning and and they can't see anything in our company portal admin site.

IMjSnIm.jpg

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I know. It was a great device except for the stupid glass back. Liked that device. The S7 was a downgrade as is the pathetic S8.

e6301c40665d6c3ef86e7e4417371094.jpg

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Bought a used Iphone 6s+ last week. Guy sold it for $200 and listed it as a 6+.

I enrolled it in our MDM solution (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...orm%2Fmobile-device-management&token=YPsg9elT) and I've only.been using it for work. Very happy. One thing I love is how Outlook allows me to "schedule" a follow up on an email like the desktop version has for years.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/91bccd6be2923ff67ad5f8aa3d1a62c2.jpg

Hope it works out for you. Being frustrated gets old after a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital