Please for the Love of God tell me some at Microsoft are looking around CES..A device in need of WOA

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes I know many await the Surface Phone, but take some 90's design mix it with modern tech and you have something that would be stunning as a step down from a full on Surface...... A Partner device !!!!!!

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
but I didn't liked gemini pda the phone experience Will be cumbersome with that laptop like design. slider design would be better to provide portrait use as a phone like nokia E7

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
My hope is others see the device and at least consider something like this could work for some. As I said this would never replace a Surface device, but it's form factor is interesting.

Do I think it could happen......no not really.

I do hope someone in Microsoft R&D gets one and tinkers with Windows 10 for Mobile with Continuum....even as a bridge device for fans of Windows who just don"t want to switch to iOS and Android. Again I doubt it...but a boy can dream !!!!

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I quite liked the device. It looked snappy and would appeal to a certain customer. Obviously a choice between Nougat and Linux isn't great and win 10 would be better, but it is the mediatek chip that puts me off. I had a couple of phones using that chip and they started well and ended badly within a couple of months. I ended up getting a flagship running Snapdragon. I can see the chipset failing that device.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I quite liked the device. It looked snappy and would appeal to a certain customer. Obviously a choice between Nougat and Linux isn't great and win 10 would be better, but it is the mediatek chip that puts me off. I had a couple of phones using that chip and they started well and ended badly within a couple of months. I ended up getting a flagship running Snapdragon. I can see the chipset failing that device.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well I am sure Microsoft could get them to switch to Snapdragon for Windows 10 on Arm, but I do wonder what Windows 10 for Mobile would be like on a Mediatech, it's based on arm, but I don't think it could handle WOA. I'd be willing to try Win10Mobile....otherwise Snapdragon. :)

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
When Mediatek SOC support comes to WoA, most likely there will be a project at XDA to get WoA running on this device :).

LOL you just turned me on :) I do hope they (Microsoft), expand support for WOA. I would love to see a hack or two where Windows roms are flipped onto an Android device. Reverse the trend of dumping Android onto a Windows Phone.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
LOL you just turned me on :) I do hope they (Microsoft), expand support for WOA. I would love to see a hack or two where Windows roms are flipped onto an Android device. Reverse the trend of dumping Android onto a Windows Phone.

lol.... It would be nice to the trend reversed plus WPinternals 2.3 got released yesterday. It would be interesting to see if it is possible to install a Lumia rom on to a android device say L950 XL rom on a Android device with the same specs. Although the main camera sensor would be hard to match up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes