Photos backup

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I've my Lumia 950 setup with my personal Microsoft account which only has 5GB storage. Now I've a business Microsoft account which has 1TB space. How do i backup my photos from my phone to that account instead of personal one?

When i go to the phots app settings I only see my personal account not the business account. Even though ive added that as a work or school account on to my phone. Also my OneDrive app can see both the accounts

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've my Lumia 950 setup with my personal Microsoft account which only has 5GB storage. Now I've a business Microsoft account which has 1TB space. How do i backup my photos from my phone to that account instead of personal one?

When i go to the phots app settings I only see my personal account not the business account. Even though ive added that as a work or school account on to my phone. Also my OneDrive app can see both the accounts

In the photo app, tap on the three dots (elipsis menu). then tap manage onedrive upload settings.

Under Camera upload, turn it on and the camera backup account will become enabled.

Tap it and you should get the ability to switch accounts or add one.

The other alternative is to remove all the microsoft accounts under the email and app accounts, add your business account first and choose sign into this device. Then add your personal account.

or after a hard reset, don't restore and sign-in to your personal account and choose sign-into to this app only. Now you will have an option to sign-in to other accounts for other apps when first run (you can still change them later but I found that can be hit and miss). Or you could sign into your business account and choose sign-in to this device, however this would make your business account as the default sign-in for all apps including edge.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
In the photo app, tap on the three dots (elipsis menu). then tap manage onedrive upload settings.

Under Camera upload, turn it on and the camera backup account will become enabled.

Tap it and you should get the ability to switch accounts or add one.

The other alternative is to remove all the microsoft accounts under the email and app accounts, add your business account first and choose sign into this device. Then add your personal account.

or after a hard reset, don't restore and sign-in to your personal account and choose sign-into to this app only. Now you will have an option to sign-in to other accounts for other apps when first run (you can still change them later but I found that can be hit and miss). Or you could sign into your business account and choose sign-in to this device, however this would make your business account as the default sign-in for all apps including edge.
I tried to switch the backup accounts but i only get the personal MS account there. Business account doesn't appear.
I called MS support and it looks **** the business account cannot even be used to sign in to windows mobile. It can only be used to access emails. What a dumb idea. Now ive to cancel the subscription and buy mire OneDrive space to my personal account

Microsoft doesn't make anything easier. What a load if crap.

Sent from mTalk

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I tried to switch the backup accounts but i only get the personal MS account there. Business account doesn't appear.
I called MS support and it looks **** the business account cannot even be used to sign in to windows mobile. It can only be used to access emails. What a dumb idea. Now ive to cancel the subscription and buy mire OneDrive space to my personal account

Microsoft doesn't make anything easier. What a load if crap.

Sent from mTalk

Actually you can use a business account to sign up with windows phone or windows mobile.

You can even domain join with a windows phone and windows mobile.

This is the problem, Microsoft are so focused on other ecosystems that they have completely forgotten the features available in their own ecosystem. The change of influence comes from top down the hierarchy not bottom up.

Here is another example:
image.png
support.office.com/en-us/article/Capabilities-of-built-in-Mobile-Device-Management-for-Office-365-a1da44e5-7475-4992-be91-9ccec25905b0

I use office daily on my Lumia 930 running WM10 and I can say categorically they work fine bar the lame brained flaws.

For instance this one:

The image on the right is larger because it's being moved in the screenshot.

image (1).pngimage (2).png

This flaw exists both in the mobile and win32 applications.

Now there is a work around for this but why should the user work around this problem, when all they need to do is move the layout button away from the adjustment points?

Unfortunately these are just two examples of either:
Lack of focus
Lack of resources
Overworked developers (Microsoft fired programmatic testers and piled the testing into the development team).
Other factors.

Last edited:

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Actually you can use a business account to sign up with windows phone or windows mobile.

You can even domain join with a windows phone and windows mobile.

This is the problem, Microsoft are so focused on other ecosystems that they have completely forgotten the features available in their own ecosystem. The change of influence comes from top down the hierarchy not bottom up.

Here is another example:
View attachment 138619
support.office.com/en-us/article/Capabilities-of-built-in-Mobile-Device-Management-for-Office-365-a1da44e5-7475-4992-be91-9ccec25905b0

I use office daily on my Lumia 930 running WM10 and I can say categorically they work fine bar the lame brained flaws.

For instance this one:

The image on the right is larger because it's being moved in the screenshot.

View attachment 138620View attachment 138621

This flaw exists both in the mobile and win32 applications.

Now there is a work around for this but why should the user work around this problem, when all they need to do is move the layout button away from the adjustment points?

Unfortunately these are just two examples of either:
Lack of focus
Lack of resources
Overworked developers (Microsoft fired programmatic testers and piled the testing into the development team).
Other factors.

Hi
Thanks for your reply..what is the work around? What do i need to do to use my business account to login into my lumia 950?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for your reply..what is the work around? What do i need to do to use my business account to login into my lumia 950?

Try the following (also in my first reply :winktongue:) :

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Try the following (also in my first reply :winktongue:) :

I signed out of my personal account in the phots app and then tried to add another account -->microsoft account-->then type in my business ID and it says its not a microsoft account. I called tech support and they said yes, the business account cannot be used to sign in to the mobile device as a setup account. It can only be used to setup emails .

My business account subscription is only for office 365 apparently.. So cannot be used as a live.com or microsoft login account.

Not sure how you did yours..

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No its my own company domain email account. Hosted by Microsoft

Sent from mTalk

In that case, you most likely will have to hard reset the device and at the account setup stage choose set up the device for work. Unless they have changed the o/s behaviour when set up this way, that I cannot say for certain as I don't have a spare device and don't have access to a componay email domain anymore to test if there have been any changes.

Also you could try an add a work account under settings via 'access work or school', however that may not work.

Last edited:

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
In that case, you most likely will have to hard reset the device and at the account setup stage choose set up the device for work. Unless they have changed the o/s behaviour when set up this way, that I cannot say for certain as I don't have a spare device and don't have access to a componay email domain anymore to test if there have been any changes.

Also you could try an add a work account under settings via 'access work or school', however that may not work.
Tried hard reset. Sam result. Microsoft confirmed that. You cannot use the Office 365 account to set up Lumia.
So ended up getting s office subscription on a good deal. So i have 1TB now

The tech support person confirmed that since Microsoft no longer supports windows mobile, this will not be working in the future also.

Sent from mTalk

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Tried hard reset. Sam result. Microsoft confirmed that. You cannot use the Office 365 account to set up Lumia.
So ended up getting s office subscription on a good deal. So i have 1TB now

The tech support person confirmed that since Microsoft no longer supports windows mobile, this will not be working in the future also.

Sent from mTalk

Looks like they pulled the support for it... at least you got a office subscription on a good deal out of this whole ordeal. :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon