Facebook App fails to load on Windows 10 Mobile on Lumia 950XL

1020 lover

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Same issue since yesterday morning, tried reset app, it worked for a while, but since today morning I had same issue again, and nor reset nor uninstall and reinstalling the app is fixing it.
Any solution??

Inaam Ashraf

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
After trying everything (Soft Reset, Reinstalling, Trying Facebook Beta) that failed.... I moved the App from my Phone Storage to SD Card... Problem Resolved :) :angel:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Is FB not loading at all or does it take forever and a day to load and then crash? It always fires up after it crashes even though it only takes forever (but not a day).

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
It takes about 20seconds to load if I haven't use it in a while....
I'm also using Air... takes about 5 seconds to load up

... !

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I get that once awhile too.
Just close any app still opened in the background. I try not to use the camera's HDR mode camera, it just screws up the phone

... !

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me (I even posted about it on Feedback Hub). But it seems to work for me now. I uninstalled it, restarted my phone and then installed it again. Just tested it now and it still works.

This is for my HP Elite X3 and I have Facebook installed to internal storage. So, @1020 lover and @Inaam Ashraf, this may also work for you both. But it seems there are different solutions to this.

1020 lover

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your solution, for me the problem was solved alone for no reason, don't know why, if the problem will come back I will try your solution

Inaam Ashraf

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
So now it is more of a hit and miss thing...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....but definitely the app loads slowly every time and feels heavier while using...something has gone wrong either with the App or the Windows 10 Mobile..

I also received a system update... my OS is now on 10.15254.369 Have u people also received this system update?

Lobo Technician

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I didn't even realize Win10Mobile still had a Facebook app. After constant crashing about a year ago I just pinned the browser version to my start screen. Its worked well for me so far, if the app doesn't try this option.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Air...
nice and quick but no black theme

Pining the FB web page using PAWA.. could be something to try out..

... !

Inaam Ashraf

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I didn't even realize Win10Mobile still had a Facebook app. After constant crashing about a year ago I just pinned the browser version to my start screen. Its worked well for me so far, if the app doesn't try this option.

I think you switched back when they increased the RAM requirement of FB App to 2 GB at least...and yeah will have to shift to pinning the webpage if the app crashes more frequently...for now it is working though a bit on the slower side!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
its a decent 3rd party FB app...
.. perfect for me who want to use just the basics stuff like post pictures/links, check up on friends.

(if you need notification on your live-tile, this will not be for you)
... !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes