Deleted WIndows June update from my computer, but it still wants to process it.

MeredithJA

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
I had forgotten to set a new wifi connection to metered as to not download the windows update, and discovered the June Win 10 update was downloaded to my Dell Inspiron50 Laptop and attempted to be applied. It failed. That was quickly fixed. My computer went through the auto reversion process to my old version and was recovered. I have since deleted the files from the update from my computer, but it is still asking to process an update. I have fixed the connection to Metered. I looked at the settings under Update status, and the update is STILL showing as pending, but the file in the Windows Software distribution file is not there. I keep declining the processing, but wonder how long I have before it attempts automatically, and if it is possible to actually remove the notification of pending update and if so, how to do it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows knows its out-of-date and will want to update, nothing you can do about that. (a lot of update control was taken with Windows 10 to combat the users who keep declining updates and end up with less-than-healthy systems.)

Not sure how long you have frankly. (I know settings as Metered makes Windows 10 download "priority" updates at the most, so some will be downloaded but some will just be stuck on "awaiting download"

You may be able to use the Pause Updates option as well.

MeredithJA

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
Thank you. What I have heard was that the update was meant for Pentium based systems, but was pushed out to AMD. Mine is an AMD. I'll keep declining as long as I can! I just don't know how it is going to process something when the files to process are no longer there if push comes to shove.

MeredithJA

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
When the notice came up today, It didn't allow me a chance to decline. It was to either restart NOW or set a specific time. I've given myself until the 20th to buy time to try to figure this out.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What I have heard was that the update was meant for Pentium based systems, but was pushed out to AMD. Mine is an AMD.

Can you clarify on where you heard/read this?

For monthly updates, I'm not sure Microsoft has ever distinguished between Intel and AMD processors and if its available, it's almost always as intended. Typical Intel and AMD chips are compatible for the most part, at least, as far as Windows is concerned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss