Windows 10 - 1803 Bluetooth issues

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

So since the mentioned update, I haven't been able to use my Bluetooth earphones. Took me some time to actually look into it, mostly because I had my wired set :cool:

Anyways, the solution was pretty simple so I thought I might as well share it.

Open run (win + r) > type in: services.msc > hit enter and wait for a sec; when open find the Bluetooth services (picture below) > Click on one and on the left side you'll see a pane with the options to 'start' or 'stop' (you could also just right-click) > go ahead and start them.

In my case the first two weren't turned on, but it's only after I restarted the third one, that my Bluetooth options came back. Your mileage may vary.

Capture.PNG

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Laptop with built-in bluetooth. Was good to be wireless again today lol

Nice, I agree Wireless is awesome.

If your CPU supports it you can use Miracast using a Intel WiFi card that supports it, Microsoft allowing you to do so in Windows 10 is another story :grincry:.

The PC I built for my relative, I was able to get Miracast working and effectively with scripts the PC could be used with any smart tv without any monitor. But before I got to the stage... the feature stopped working... with the asinine message "Your PC or mobile device doesn't support miracast, so it cannot project wirelessly" when I know it's working (I have video showing it works but I'm not showing my living room lol) and it appears every few updates break Miracast (both receiving and transmitting).

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If your CPU supports it you can use Miracast using a Intel WiFi card that supports it, Microsoft allowing you to do so in Windows 10 is another story

Interesting!

The PC I built for my relative, I was able to get Miracast working and effectively with scripts the PC could be used with any smart tv without any monitor. But before I got to the stage... the feature stopped working... with the asinine message "Your PC or mobile device doesn't support miracast, so it cannot project wirelessly" when I know it's working (I have video showing it works but I'm not showing my living room lol)

Sorry, but this genuinely made me laugh!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett