Lost Desktop Calendar Gadget

PilgramHiker

Jul 15, 2022
Visit site
PC / Windows 10 :

In Windows 7, I had a three-month calendar tucked in the upper right corner of the desktop screen; since it's been there for years, I have no recollection of where I found it; is there some way to locate it in my system? There's nothing found in Win10's "apps" version of All Programs. I transferred to Win10 earlier this month, and now the calendar is stuck on July 31.

Some comments online regarding a similar situation talk about right-click on the desktop, then click on Gadgets . . . no "gadgets" listing shows up when I right-click, so I have no idea what those folk are talking about.

Related: Every now and then I see a comment about something instructing to "click on the sidebar" . . . which means nothing to me; what are they talking about . . . since MS's goal with Win10 clearly was to NOT retain any of previous simplicity, but create an entirely "new and exciting" (and time-wasting) relearning curve merely to repeat what one did in previous versions. Go figure.

Any info / assistance with the calendar issue much appreciated. Thank you.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There are a few different 'gadget packs' you can use for Windows 10. The 'side bar' refers to the bar on the side of the screen if you have it enabled (screenshot on page in first link below). I don't remember if Windows 7 had gadgets built in but they were removed for Windows 10. Here are a couple popular ones:

• 8GadgetPack - Freeware - adds sidebar and gadgets to Windows
  • ObjectDock - Free and paid versions available - adds a lot of different gadgets and themes (I use this one)

There are a few companies that offer them (just search for "Windows 10 gadgets"). Otherwise, Windows defaulted to just clicking on your clock in the menu bar at the bottom right of the screen to bring up the Windows Calendar (can be synced to multiple calendars like Google and Outlook).

PilgramHiker

Jul 15, 2022
Visit site
There are a few different 'gadget packs' you can use for Windows 10. The 'side bar' refers to the bar on the side of the screen if you have it enabled (screenshot on page in first link below). I don't remember if Windows 7 had gadgets built in but they were removed for Windows 10. Here are a couple popular ones:

• 8GadgetPack - Freeware - adds sidebar and gadgets to Windows
  • ObjectDock - Free and paid versions available - adds a lot of different gadgets and themes (I use this one)

There are a few companies that offer them (just search for "Windows 10 gadgets"). Otherwise, Windows defaulted to just clicking on your clock in the menu bar at the bottom right of the screen to bring up the Windows Calendar (can be synced to multiple calendars like Google and Outlook).

==============================================

Thank you for your reply. Appreciated.

PilgramHiker

Jul 15, 2022
Visit site
[POSTED THE ABOVE PREVIOUSLY; HAVE FOUND A WORKABLE DESKTOP CALENDAR WIDGET WHICH I'VE DOWNLOADED; NOW MY QUESTION HAS CHANGED (below).]

PC / Windows 10 -

Had a three-month calendar widget (previously called it a "gadget" . . . ummm . . . ) on my Windows 7 desktop. Now have moved to Windows 10, and the widget remains (frozen) and does not change dates.

I've found another calendar widget which I've downloaded, but have no idea how to find appropriate info in my system to remove the Win7 widget from the desktop.

Any info / assistance? Again, many thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros