Outlook.com is not responding!!

andrewkim789

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Argh!!! Outlook.com is not responding to any of my clicks to things like folders and settings! I tried Outlook on IE10, IE10 with IE9 rendering, and Firefox on my Windows 8 computer. It also doesn't work with my Windows Phone (Desktop mode)!!! It just keeps showing that progress symbol at the top infinitely :(

Anyone know why? And btw outlook works fine on my Windows 7 PCs... :(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having any issues on my PC running Firefox 17 in Windows 8 Pro x64. Have you tried clearing your browser cookies and cache? Have you tried rebooting your PC?

The Last Byte

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Outlook is now HTML5 dependent. This is odd, as I even managed to use Outlook on a Windows XP computer that is 5 years old and with Firefox.

As per lak611, try resetting the browser in some way. See if there are any updates.

andrewkim789

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have just 'refreshed' my Windows 8 PC, and I installed a clean copy of Firefox. Still does not work...

Outlook does work well on all of my Windows 7 PCs, but not my Windows 8 one. It used to work, but now it doesn't. I even finished a full scan for viruses from Windows Defender!!

Edit: Never mind, it works again! This time I cleared my cookies. I always thought the cache was the problem... Well anyways thanks!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have just 'refreshed' my Windows 8 PC, and I installed a clean copy of Firefox. Still does not work...

Outlook does work well on all of my Windows 7 PCs, but not my Windows 8 one. It used to work, but now it doesn't. I even finished a full scan for viruses from Windows Defender!!

Edit: Never mind, it works again! This time I cleared my cookies. I always thought the cache was the problem... Well anyways thanks!

Trying flushing your DNS cache. How to Flush Dns Cache In Windows - Is It Down Right Now

Windows key + x will open power user options. Then select Command Prompt (Admin).

andrewkim789

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I actually know why this happened now. I did a bit of research on the Outlook forums and saw that there is the same problem with others. The bug is caused when your inbox is empty. I emailed myself from another account, and Outlook is working again! It doesn't have anything to do with cookies or cache :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb