Trouble with Sound

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I updated my windows 7 to windows 8.

When I first installed windows 8, I had no sound at all. I had to (painfully actually) find the drivers from Creative Labs (CL SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Card) and install them to get the sound working. Now the driver itself is for windows 7 and the driver is supposed to be out "mid-January 2013". So this may just be a driver issue but regardless, i'll post my issue here incase there is another work around im just not seeing.

Last night I got the sound working through my speakers just fine. 100% like normal, no problems. I got on my surface tablet and tried the remote connection feature (was pretty excited about it), got on and played around.. had sound on my tablet and everything. This morning when I went on the computer, I have no sound at all (when I remote in I still have sound coming from the surface tablet).

I am wondering if somehow the sound was passed to the tablet after the remote connection and never got passed back? All the settings seem to be fine on the desktop. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to task manager, services, all services, group by name, go to remote desktop configuration and remote desktop services, right click, properties, startup type, disabled. See if this fixes the audio issue.if it does, turn it on again to be able to access your pc from your surface.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried the sets above and that didn't seem to work, so I restarted the computer which didn't resolve the issue. I went back to the drivers download page and I got the beta version of the driver and for the moment it seems to be working again. Hopefully it was just me being stupid about something.

Thank you for the help though, and i'll update again if the problem returns.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon