Get Windows 8 Pro for $14.99 (Before Feb. 1, 2013)

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I posted this on one of the recent articles, but I figured this might get a few more people's attention so you can save a few bucks.

ProTip for getting Windows 8 Pro for $14.99: (Before Feb. 1, 2013)

Buy the 39.99 upgrade before the end of this month from the Windows site, during the process there is a space for a Promo code. Go to this site: http://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com and fill it out with a purchase date in Dec 2012 or Jan 2013 and you will get an email for the discount to use in the Promo Code field mentioned above. You can save this upgrade to an ISO file to install as a fresh setup or as an upgrade so there is no problem there.

Edit: Link updated to be correct

Last edited:

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am going to have to try this out. I have Windows 8 Pro keys for my desktop and laptop, but this may be handy if my gf ever wants to upgrade.

VoodooKing#WP

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
You have to run the Windows Upgrade Advisor from a valid OS (Not necessarily the one you plan to upgrade). XP, Vista, or 7. Where are you seeing this?

At the website you posted. I entered in my details, clicked next and asked me for a Win7 key. I entered my key and it said based on the info I gave, Im not eligible for the upgrade. :/

VoodooKing#WP

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyway, I managed to get a Promo Key from a kind soul and purchased Win8 Pro at the discounted price. I've upgraded my Win7 pc and now it feels like I have a mighty huge Windows Phone and Windows 7. Haha.

Anyway, does anyone know where the apps from Windows 8 Marketplace install to?

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, does anyone know where the apps from Windows 8 Marketplace install to?

It's some secure location within your ProgramData directory, if I remember correctly (went to it and set it to read/write so I could add epubs to my Nook app). I'll look it up for you when I get home (I was thinking about this last night but didn't actually do anything about it).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon