Volume Overlay?

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know a keyboard shortcut or another quick way to view the small volume overlay window in the top left corner when music is playing? It shows up when I use the volume buttons or the play/pause button. It's a great way to switch to the next song using the control buttons right there but I want to view it without pausing the music or changing the volume.

I have a Surface Pro 2 with the Type Cover 2 and it doesn't have any media control buttons. I guess I'm looking for an easy way to skip tracks when the music app is in the background without leaving what I'm doing.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
They should make it like Windows Phone 8, the first volume key press brings up the control and doesn't change the volume. What they should do is make the music control show when you swipe in from the right like the clock appears

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
They should make it like Windows Phone 8, the first volume key press brings up the control and doesn't change the volume. What they should do is make the music control show when you swipe in from the right like the clock appears

That's a great idea. I know I can press volume up/down or play/pause to bring up the volume overlay but I don't want to effect the music every time I want to change the track. I really like the idea of having the music controls show up when you swipe in from the right (maybe only when something is actively playing). It's all about getting things done quickly and easily and for the most part I think Windows 8.1 does a good job of this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes