What annoys me about Microsoft making DX12 a Windows 10 exclusive...

Grant Butler

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Drivers for motherboards are always really sketchy, it doesn't matter what OEM you buy from, it is a really struggle to get them to care about their older products. I'm currently trying to use Windows 10 on my current Motherboard which is only a few months old, while most of it works, I'm having driver problems with a few things, mainly my Ethernet controller. My experience in the past with all this is the OEM wont be making a new driver for it, they haven't even bothered with beta drivers yet. For some reason I have a lot of Windows 8.1 drivers which get half way through and just stop doing anything...

So when Windows 10 comes out, I can bet you I'll have to get a new motherboard, not just a new GPU for it. Microsoft should have the foresight to support their previous OS for newer DX versions, we might have only just bought a Motherboard and will have compatibility issues with the new OS.

I'm going to be forced to have to shell out another couple of hundred to be able to use DX12 just because they want to force all gamers to buy that new OS. They did the same thing last time even though there was technically nothing stopping them as people hacked it on to the older OS.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been around this stuff enough years to not even be bothered by it anymore. There are always cutting edge boards out there that get the latest and those that do not. It is how the development cycle works. The drivers you want always come later on. With Win X its a whole new ballgame. They skipped Win 9 I suspect because of it was probably replete with long winded problems and moved quickly to Win X development. But expect there will be more changes you are not going to be prepared for. If you gotta game, be patient.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
i am thinking of moving over to a console .....
i'm done with upgrading my pc....
i cant afford to go on investing on that like hell...

they push you sometimes you know ?
thats called sales technique ....

I'm a 630 owner and you know how heartbroken i was when 535 was announced ....
nothing stays !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes