How can I go back to Windows 8?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I want to be able to go back to Win 8!

Since I installed windows 10 a couple of months ago I noticed that it was not running as smooth as under windows 8 and I missed the deadline to revert back, because I was travelling without my computer. The last couple of days, after the last update nothing is working anymore. My PC freezes constantly and my computer has become useless! I would like to have the choice to roll back to the previous system!

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: I want to be able to go back to Win 8!

Since I installed windows 10 a couple of months ago I noticed that it was not running as smooth as under windows 8 and I missed the deadline to revert back, because I was travelling without my computer. The last couple of days, after the last update nothing is working anymore. My PC freezes constantly and my computer has become useless! I would like to have the choice to roll back to the previous system!
Sounds like you'll have to revert back to Windows 8 by actually buying a new license and downloading a new copy onto your PC. Your old license was converted to Windows 10 so it won't work anymore.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like you'll have to revert back to Windows 8 by actually buying a new license and downloading a new copy onto your PC. Your old license was converted to Windows 10 so it won't work anymore.
Not quite so! If the Windows 8.x key is backed into the BIOS, all you have to do, is get a installation media of the version that was installed. Will work and activate just fine!

Did you create recovery media before upgrading to Windows 10? If yes, just use those to load your factory image back onto the machine. If you didn't, check out the support section of your computer manufacturer. You probably still have the factory image recovery partition on your device, so, read up on how to initiate the recovery mode for your computer. I am sure your manufacturer has a section about that.

Above will completely wipe your system drive, so, make sure that you back up all of your files first !!!

But before you do that, why don't you try a clean install of Windows 10 first? Mostly, that fixes any issues you may have.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

Not quite so! If the Windows 8.x key is backed into the BIOS, all you have to do, is get a installation media of the version that was installed. Will work and activate just fine!

Did you create recovery media before upgrading to Windows 10? If yes, just use those to load your factory image back onto the machine. If you didn't, check out the support section of your computer manufacturer. You probably still have the factory image recovery partition on your device, so, read up on how to initiate the recovery mode for your computer. I am sure your manufacturer has a section about that.

Above will completely wipe your system drive, so, make sure that you back up all of your files first !!!

But before you do that, why don't you try a clean install of Windows 10 first? Mostly, that fixes any issues you may have.
You're right but most people don't keep a recovery media of their computer. But I suppose I should've mentioned it at least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes