Reboot Loop after WIN-U during boot, cant even refresh

devity

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
Fixing a neighbors pc who's husband reciently passed. Currently it reboots a second or 2 after the blue windows logo appears. Alternates between attempting auto repair and no text. So now I can not even get into the refresh option and she has no install media besides the restore partition.

I had just done a refresh through the advanced options. It booted normally 3-5 times up to the login screen, but all attempts were invalid, though it should have been blank password. I'd reboot to another os, then when she thought of another possible I booted that disk and tried. I was going to use another os to copy cmd exe over utilman to reset password from command line but first wanted to test that win-u hotkey currently worked in bringing up original utilman ok, as I couldn't find instructions on when to hit it. So during a boot, I hit Win-U a few times after logo appeared but still got login screen. Used shutdown option, and during next boot starting hitting win-u at 1Hz even during bios. Windows logo appeared and then not long after black screen, turns out it rebooted. I continued hitting win-u and again it rebooted. I stopped hitting any keys and now it reboots every time the windows logo appears, in a loop.

All I can see is a working refresh was broken by my hitting win-u!!! I had not yet changed utilman exe!

I did a refresh because I was getting fatal error C000..00279 applying update operation.

HP ENVY h8 PC Series
Model: H8-1445
Serial: MXX24207Z1
PN: H4A24AA#ABA
Windows 8.1

Thanks!!!
Louy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member