restoring backups on zune

montay3658

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
i sent my hd7 off for repair because the touch screen had stopped working, i got it back this morning and on the repair note inside it said that they had given me a different hd7 which is fine with me, i've plugged it into my computer and named it exactly what i named my last phone, i've followed the instructions on the microsoft website on how to restore backups to phones but the restore button isnt displaying, and even though i named my phone the exact same name, zune is showing two different devices in the settings, please tell me theres a way to restore the back from my old phone onto my new one :confused:

thanks

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
hmmm... To Zune, it's probably a new device regardless of the name, and I'd guess that the same name is actually not helping. I don't have any restoring experience, but you may try removing both devices listed, turn off the computer, then re-connect the new phone after powering up. Good luck getting past this restoration hassle, which you will. :)

If you can tell which HD7 is which, you may be able get it to work removing the original, but I'd have more confidence with a new detection. If none of this works, I'd uninstall and re-install Zune with an intervening system shut-down, sign in -then plug in. Of course, we're assuming this "different" phone is a good one. Again, good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon