Xbox Music. Why iPhone and Android?

anon(7822905)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I can completely understand the reasons for why Microsoft gave Apple and Google the Xbox music apps but why? is the real question. I'm not trying to go against WP at all! I love WP to the MAX its the best phone ever! lol but I'm just pointing out some facts here. WP will have almost no advantages if MS keeps giving them all the good ****. iPhone practically has Office, One Note, Skydrive and now Xbox Music. I understand that they're trying to put it out there but soon when people start asking "oh what's the cool badass thing about your WP?" Xbox music??? "oh I can get that easily on my iPhone."

Davingtons

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I guess it makes people know more about the Microsoft brands so people will think Microsoft are more than Windows and Office.

With more people knowing about the brand, they may think about moving to a Windows Phone next time their contract is up.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Good business .. that simple ..

XBox One with Xbox Music .. smartphones also have Xbox music, so do PCs ... makes perfect sense to be on all platforms

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Step 1) get people using your products

Step 2) tell them the products of yours they love can be found all in one place that's custom built for them

Step 3) sell lots

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty new to Xbox Music, so just to confirm, we don't have any of the radio or streaming features for WP8 that Xbox Music brings, do we?

madthoughts

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Because I finally bought a Windows Phone. I was dying for the promised Xbox Music Android app since it was announced when I had my HTC EVO 3D. Now that I no longer need the app, they went and made it.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty new to Xbox Music, so just to confirm, we don't have any of the radio or streaming features for WP8 that Xbox Music brings, do we?

yes, we get the radio, but its a premium feature, just like on the new apps for ios and android. You have to pay for it.

Cloud music is windows 8 and windows rt only at the moment. But should come to wp8.

You do get Nokia music though. That has an excellent free radio and streaming service.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been a Zune Pass subscriber for years, grandfathered in the 10-DL's/month subscription. I just installed the app on my new Nexus 7 and Android phone. This is awesome. I'll admit though, this possibly gives me the excuse needed to sell my 920.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Very simple. Most people have devices from multiple OSes. When I am using my Nexus 7 or z10, it is annoying as heck not to have Xbox music available. This is one of the things I have wanted MS to do for a long time.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yes, we get the radio, but its a premium feature, just like on the new apps for ios and android. You have to pay for it.

Cloud music is windows 8 and windows rt only at the moment. But should come to wp8.

You do get Nokia music though. That has an excellent free radio and streaming service.

thanks. yeah I use Nokia Music almost daily, it's so awesome! it'd be nice with the Nokia/Microsoft merge if they could implement Nokia Music into Xbox Music. downloadable playlists would be a great feature to make Xbox Music different from competitors like Spotify or Pandora. but I'm thinking that Nokia Music isn't something that was bought by microsoft.

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So people can enjoy the same things that we have with Xbox Music. The difference is that Android and iPhone users won't tolerate the crap that we have with the way Xbox music works and the trouble we have had getting music/playlists on our phones. The way my Lumia 820 randomly pauses in the middle of songs that are on the SD card when I am playing it over Bluetooth. The way it does not support the DRM'ed ZUNE songs then sometimes it does feature. Finally, how could I forget that it constantly brings up the wrong album art.

Hopefully other platforms will make them more accountable, they know we don't have any choice.

six6xis

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Because Microsoft is trying to become a 'devices and services' company. I for one am glad that they're extending Xbox Music to Android and Apple. Now that they've released it they need to get their head out of their butts and make a superior experience for Windows Phone.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Why not? It hinders those who juggle devices. Plus, it's not the "full" experience. I don't believe you can download songs onto your device. I could be wrong...

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I think putting Xbox Music on Android and iOS is a good idea, but I'm vehemently against the idea of putting Xbox-branded games on anything other than Windows devices. I also think it's a big mistake to put Office on Android and iOS devices (although, I don't have a problem with the current setup of only Office 365 subscribers being able to use those programs, but only on phones, not on tablets).

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I think putting Xbox Music on Android and iOS is a good idea, but I'm vehemently against the idea of putting Xbox-branded games on anything other than Windows devices. I also think it's a big mistake to put Office on Android and iOS devices (although, I don't have a problem with the current setup of only Office 365 subscribers being able to use those programs, but only on phones, not on tablets).

+2520

I agree with Xbox Music on other platforms as this is a direct competition against other music services. Same goes with Bing being default in Siri and cars. But there are some services that should be kept under the Windows umbrella, if it's only a one-on-one competition like Xbox Live enabled games (Wordament anyone?). While mobile gaming services like Game Center and Games in android aren't as much unified as Xbox Live on Windows devices and Xbox consoles. Sony on the other hand, is trying to bring the same idea to android via "PlayStation Certified", so far it hasn't developed as much since the fallout of Xperia Play and PS Vita.

Then again, seeing Xbox Music on other platforms may expand the Xbox brand, although it may or may not raise Windows Phone awareness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes