I'm sure'you'll heard the recent announcement from PayPal and Microsoft. I guess I feel that they, especially PayPal; Should have done this a long time ago. what do you'll think? A little to late? Good partnership between the too?

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and PayPal Here team up to create a better retail experience
    01-18-2015 04:21 PM
    Well with Apple Pay, and the rumour that Google is buying SoftCard (was ISIS - changed name for obvious reasons!) PayPal needed to partner with someone, and why not MS!

G.
    01-18-2015 04:35 PM
    Well with Apple Pay, and the rumour that Google is buying SoftCard (was ISIS - changed name for obvious reasons!) PayPal needed to partner with someone, and why not MS!

G.
    True just feel like their late to the game as always is the case with Microsoft partnerships.
    01-19-2015 04:15 PM
    True just feel like their late to the game as always is the case with Microsoft partnerships.
    True, but PayPal is everywhere, businesses and consumers already trust it worldwide. Softcard is only in the States, and Apple Pay, is limited to Apple products, so I doubt it'll have the mass market appeal that PayPal can bring to the table.

G.
    01-20-2015 07:41 AM
    True, but PayPal is everywhere, businesses and consumers already trust it worldwide. Softcard is only in the States, and Apple Pay, is limited to Apple products, so I doubt it'll have the mass market appeal that PayPal can bring to the table.

G.
    That's a good point. I just want to see it really spread now. Every little bit helps Microsoft.
    01-22-2015 04:24 PM
    Hopefully, MS & PayPal include some new hardware/software for the next gen Win10 device range to counter Apple Pay.

G.
    Byrese likes this.
    01-22-2015 04:29 PM
    MS can be a bit US-centric, but teaming up with PayPal is great as it is far more global than the other options.
    01-25-2015 03:11 AM
    MS can be a bit US-centric, but teaming up with PayPal is great as it is far more global than the other options.
    Yes very true... I personally would love to use my phone to pay for things, then my wallet will be one less thing to carry around with me, and I don't trust/distrust PayPal (so long as it's not owned by Google) so a win-win situation!

G.
    Byrese likes this.
    01-25-2015 07:22 AM
    Yes very true... I personally would love to use my phone to pay for things, then my wallet will be one less thing to carry around with me, and I don't trust/distrust PayPal (so long as it's not owned by Google) so a win-win situation!

G.
    I hear you! Google is like Big Brother! And now "big-government fearing" American here. I live in the States but I'm from Canada where government is pretty big. Still, Google... no thank you!
    gMaesterUK likes this.
    01-29-2015 01:12 PM
    This sounds like a great idea! I use PayPal all the time. If Microsoft and PayPal could work out some partnership for credit card/ mobile phone payments I would sign up immediately. They seriously need to work something out in the mobile payment sector. Google and Apple are going to leave them behind. Softcard doesn't care about Windows Phone already. I called in to support and the women I spoke to was rude and gave me a hard time about using a Windows Phone telling me it would be "easier" if I had an Android. I wonder how much Google pays some of these people.
    Byrese likes this.
    01-31-2015 02:06 AM
    I think that MS & PayPal NEED each other, PayPal has no other major player to go to, unless it can get Samsung (which I doubt)...

They just need to be quick about it, maybe the next gen phones for Win10 will have better payment features... We'll have to wait and see...

G.
    01-31-2015 10:23 AM
    Samsung is fairly invested in both google wallet and Softcard. I doubt they would help PayPal, but I have been surprised before.
    01-31-2015 11:01 PM