How can I download Groove Music for offline listening?

Alex Johnson3

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Download Groove Music for offline listening

I have added music to my collection from my tablet. This music shows up on my phone and is available for streaming. I do not want to stream. I want to download for offline listening. It is undesirable to manually download each song. I can not find a setting that will download music added to collection from other devices. They appear to have removed some settings. Can somebody please tell me how to do this.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Download Groove Music for offline listening

Unfortunately, I think that setting doesn't exist in the current Groove app on mobile; since it's available on desktop/tablet, I would guess that it's just a temporary situation.

The best I can suggest for now as a workaround is it looks like you can multi-select several albums and choose to download them at once. Not automatic, but it should be better than downloading songs individually.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
One workaround is to connect the phone to a tablet or pc capable of running the windows phone desktop app from Microsoft and adding the music you want, by selecting artists, albums, songs or I think even genres. Groove on mobile now supports playing offline music. Once on your phone the Offline option is available in Filters.

The desktop app isn't the greatest but it will allow you to sync only the music you want and that will fit on your device's storage. Great for offline play when away from WiFi, then stream the entire collection when not metered.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/sync-my-windows-phone

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
One workaround is to connect the phone to a tablet or pc capable of running the windows phone desktop app from Microsoft and adding the music you want, by selecting artists, albums, songs or I think even genres. Groove on mobile now supports playing offline music. Once on your phone the Offline option is available in Filters.

The desktop app isn't the greatest but it will allow you to sync only the music you want and that will fit on your device's storage. Great for offline play when away from WiFi, then stream the entire collection when not metered.

Windows Phone sync capabilities | syncing your phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Oh yeah, that's a good idea. Funny it wasn't that long ago that syncing by wire was standard. Now I don't even think about doing that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon