Santander UK

Marc Baldry

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed how Santander in the UK are possibly the only bank in the UK who do not have an app for Windows Phone? And more importantly that they constantly advertise Apple pay every chance they get! I phoned and complained to them (I had a few spare minutes) about their false advertising, ie 'your advert tag line is "don't change your lifestyle, change your bank" but as a Windows Phone user you are forcing me to either change my lifestyle or change my bank because you refuse to make and publish a Windows Phone app'. I am curious as to how many Santander customers are using windows phone and how many are incensed about the lack of app. And finally, what has anyone done about it?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I personally use nationwide, and I'd like to see an app for my bank but I'm not the kind of person that wants to do a lot of banking on my phone. I'd rather use my PC for that, so I'm more in the camp that it would be nice to have but it's not a deal breaker for me neither am I incensed by it.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm a Lloyds customer. You get up to 5% interest on your current account and more importantly the Windows phone app is pretty good. Vote with your feet...i switched banks a year ago and it's a smooth and quick process now.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Halifax customer here ( part of the Lloyds group ) & the Halifax Windows phone app works really well, its recently had a big update in line with the normal online banking service offering.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
If anyone can afford to produce an app it's a bank. If they aren't servicing your needs let them know and leave. There are other options out there and switching is easy now.

Marc Baldry

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, Ive messaged them via Facebook and have recieved a very uninformative response (see attachments). There is really no reason to not make a Windows Phone app unless the head of App Development is an avid Apple ****** and hates Windows Phone? lol. Its so infuriating that I have to go through the web site on the phone and this is seen as an acceptable comprimise by the bank.

Attachments

• Santander question.png
    Santander question.png
    505.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Santander response.png
    Santander response.png
    449.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Me Response.png
    Me Response.png
    512.4 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Forum statistics