Outlook email problem

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Outlook on my computer, and on my phone, are giving me errors about my account settings being out of date. This happens about 5-10 times a day. No matter how many times I put the correct password in, it keeps telling me it's wrong. Any ideas?

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, they're all accounts I have on my private bluehost server. I spoke to them, they said all my settings are correct and it must be the email client.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Does your MS/Outlook account work? If yes, then the only thing to try is delete an account and add it back. Also check the Feedback app to see if others have the same problem.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Does your MS/Outlook account work? If yes, then the only thing to try is delete an account and add it back. Also check the Feedback app to see if others have the same problem.
Yes, everything works fine. But on the phone and in Outlook on Windows 10 I get this problem. Even when I delete and re-add the account.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Are you using the correct account type? If they're Exchange ActiveSync, you need to go with "Advanced setup" when prompted to choose an account.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the correct account type? If they're Exchange ActiveSync, you need to go with "Advanced setup" when prompted to choose an account.
Yeah, I 'm doing everything correct. It's not activesync but I still use advanced/manual because there are particular settings for my email server. Weird that it also happens in Outlook.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Another update:
This is clearly only something that happens when I'm at home on WiFi. So, it acts up when my phone and desktop are on the same internet network? How does that work?

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Weird, can you try a different router?
No, I only have this one cable box. But it's happened in the past with others from other providers.
With Outlook desktop not connected, not syncing the IMAP account, and the phone left on autosync, this problem doesn't occur.
Gonna try the reverse tomorrow, see if it causes the desktop to create the error. If, not then it will prove that both together is the problem. Only thing that does is narrow down the possibilities by proving that it's NOT Outlook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes