How do I rectify "Unknown Album" and "Unknown Artist" ???

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Why is this Album saying "Unknown Album" and "Unknown Artist" on my phone???

What have I got to do to make it show "Liza Minnelli" as the Artist?? And "The Jazz Jam Sessions" as the "Album" ??

This is something that I uploaded from YouTube. Its not a commercial album. It is just something I want on my phone that is very rare, and is a "home-made" album.

Please give me STEP BY STEP instructions, as Groove Music is THE WORST app I've ever known..

Thanks Guys

14555900_340593736288766_839842248_n.jpg

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do I rectify "Unknown Album" and "Unknown Artist" ???

Doesn't anyone know??? Have I got to have this album in the vast "Unknown" for all of eternity???? Jeez... :crying:
Just finished fixing my groove music and eliminated everything unknown in my files

Go to the album touch and hold and go to edit. There u can change the album/song/artist name there and any other album details

mX5ClZF.jpg

HTvx744.jpg

Sent from mTalk

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Oh! So I have I have finally figured it out after much faffing around... So in order for GROOVE MUSIC to recognize it as an "Album" on your phone, (and not show up as "Unknown Artist" and "Unknown Album" on your phone) you have to add a "Genre" in iTunes before you transfer it.. (in this case I gave my Liza Minnelli album the "Genre" of "Easy Listening"...

After I did that -- and then dragged the MP3's into my "Music" Folder onto my Micro SD card on my phone -- it appeared on my phone without the "Unknown Album" - "Unknown Artist" showing up as "Liza Minnelli" -- "Liza - The Jam Sessions" and is in alphabetical order. Problem solved.

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Oh Sedp23... Thanks SO much.... We posted at the exact same time -- so I didn't get to try it your way as never saw it in time... But I have OTHER things stuck in the "Unknown Album" section -- so will try it... Thanks

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Oh Sedp23... Thanks SO much....

I've now gotten around to your method of editing the "Unknown Albums" on my phone -- and its working a treat!

Thanks so much :smile:

(One tip that I've noticed - for other people stuck in the same boat as me... Is to follow the instructions as per above that Sedp23 has given, but wait at least 15 seconds after pressing enter before you do anything, because it takes a while for the newly entered information to "accept"... I expect its juggling the positions of the albums about...

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Oh Sedp23... Thanks SO much....

I've now gotten around to your method of editing the "Unknown Albums" on my phone -- and its working a treat!

Thanks so much :smile:

(One tip that I've noticed - for other people stuck in the same boat as me... Is to follow the instructions as per above that Sedp23 has given, but wait at least 15 seconds after pressing enter before you do anything, because it takes a while for the newly entered information to "accept"... I expect its juggling the positions of the albums about...

also if u have a pc i also use mp3 tag there may be a occasional mp3 or 2 that gets stuck and wont change or if u want to do things in bulk that application works fine as well. but its only on pc

but between the 2 apps you should be able to get rid of all your unknown album and unknown artists listings in groove music

Sent from mTalk

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I rectify "Unknown Album" and "Unknown Artist" ???

Just finished fixing my groove music and eliminated everything unknown in my files

Go to the album touch and hold and go to edit. There u can change the album/song/artist name there and any other album details

http://i.imgur.com/mX5ClZF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HTvx744.jpg

Sent from mTalk

Thanks very much for this. I only just started using Groove and I did not even know it had this ability. Microsoft hid the option behind an ellipsis so it is not immediately obvious it is there. To answer the OP, you could download the song from YouTube as an MP3 using a converter, open it in MP3Tag (a great free MP3 tag editing suite for PC) and then copy that newly edited MP3 file to your Groove music folder and Groove will find it and all the tag details just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans