Windows Central App - Pathetic, Broken Destroyer of Battery Life

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
As of yesterday, I'm receiving 3 copies of the same email sent each time from WC. Haven't made any changes to online settings or phone settings.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Turned on Never Allow in Background.. doesn't seem to matter as the notifications for his app have never worked that well anyhow, and I don't post much. Still, terrible coding.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Turned on Never Allow in Background.. doesn't seem to matter as the notifications for his app have never worked that well anyhow, and I don't post much. Still, terrible coding.

If your phone screen is off overnight it's not the apps fault it's actually Windows that should be managing its usage. In fact, it even says "managed by windows".

Are you on an insider build or something? Mine barely touches battery.

Llordy

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
To be honest I have to agree that the app makes for a sluggish experience on my tablet and laptop. It wasn't like that when it just came out. I hope that changes in the future.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
What I love is the polite way he mention there is a problem :grin:

Well that's not normal, I'm using it in Android and there is not issue with mine.

And certainly there were some problems during the weekend, but not sure if are already solved all.

Maybe was something wrong which could be solved by restarting the device and that's it.

Llordy

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
LOL. To be honest the app is almost as sluggish as the Facebook app. The post title really catches attention and I hope that the cry for help with this app doesn't fall on deaf ears. Windows Central. you all are working hard but that doesn't change the fact that the app has horrible performance.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Did you try Windows Central app by Mobile Nation? I use that one, it's a universal app, I like it very much. Though I don't use any notifications because there are new articles all the time.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon