wp7 email support

DVNO

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi all -

Wp7 newb here. Have done some research but wanted to ask the boards for some advice. Came from android to BB soley because android would not handle my pop3 outlook account for work. Went to bb and it synced flawlessly, but bb is really behind in everything else. I would love to have a functional browser and some random apps/games every once in a while. So I have been thinking about wp7 - hd7. I'm almost positive it will handle the email, but i have seen some people saying you have to go through hotmail?? Not sure about that, so i wanted to see if anyone here can offer any help. I know i can just go to the store and grab one and return it if its not working properly, but im considering just grabbing one on craigs so i dont have to use my upgrade.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You do need a Windows Live ID, which will include a Hotmail account, to properly setup a WP7 phone, but you don't need to use Hotmail as a primary account. I currently have Hotmail, AOL & Yahoo accounts which all work perfectly.

When you say Outlook POP3 account, I assume you don't mean something using Exchange server. WP7 will not sync with your desktop Outlook to fetch mail, contacts, etc. Everything is now Cloud based, as I am guessing you mail is. So as long as you can access your office mail from the Cloud (as in being able to read it from anywhere) you should be able to sync it with your WP7 phone. All you need is the inbound/outbound mail server names and user credentials. Your office IT people or a quick search of your mail hosts documentation should help with that.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

DVNO

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Cool, thanks man. Was really frustrating on android having to forward all of my work email to gmail. Was hoping that wouldn't be the case on wp7. I'm gonna give it a try.

CR4V3

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
As an Android user considering trying out WP7, how is the Gmail integration? Will I be able to sync my contacts with Googles cloud?

ArousedSpoon

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I use Gmail on my HD7 and I'm fairly certain you cannot sync from googles cloud. What I did was I imported my contacts from google over to my hotmail (which I don't actually use besides xbox.) And then just synced my contacts off my hotmail.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You can sync your contacts directly from gmail if they are in there. In the gmail settings there is a check box for syncing contacts, calendar and email.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb