Anyone do the 32gb upgrade?

Trader05

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I saw on another forum, once you take apart the back part of the phone, our phones take a 16gb microsd card. Just curious if anyone tried it and if there's any affect on performance, since *i think* it only takes class 2 32gb cards.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about taking the entire back off? (Little Screws and the one gianormouse?)

Cause once you take the battery covery and battery out... there aint nuthin but the copper connections to the battery.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Umm, Yeah...

This is the only place that I heard of expanding the memory of the Arrive. I would imagine that it is not a great idea.

16gb on my Quantum is plenty for me.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure like all HTC phones, the Arrive has a 16GB memory card already, so you are not adding another 16. You are removing 16 and replacing with 32. Some users have tried this on other HTC devices with mixed results. Yes, you do need to factory reset after changing cards. And yes, you do void the warranty. Have fun.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

disposed

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's the link. I would consider doing this but I don't want to trash my warranty. I filled my memory fast with Zune songs.
Memory Upgrade Sprint HTC Arrive (HD7 Pro) - xda-developers

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

One thing i started doing with my phones is to stop putting all my music on. Make a few playlists and add those.

With WP7 you can make a playlist in the zune software and pick and choose which ones you want synced up and it will do it over wifi.

Once i broke that habit i realized that i realistically only listened to about half my music and between zune pass and last.fm if i really want to hear a songs not on the divice its not too difficult.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examking010